Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:42 AM
Large Rat

I have just started playing this game. I am a cleric and can NEVER find a group, maybe it is cause I already know where I want to hunt? no idea. I met a very nice druid that has helped me TONS and I have one RL (more or less) friend that gave me some plat to start. I didn't have to pay in RL money for it either.. I am now of a lvl where I am actually useful to a low lvl group and plan on grouping with my new friends warrior. He is a dwarf and we plan on starting out in qeynos are we are 16 and 22 so if anyone of a lvl wants to group with us come join the fun.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Haven't had this happen to me at all. I have some people I grouped with that when I log in now always ask if I want to join them wherever they are at. I have grouped with people twinked majorly and total newbies. I am social in group chat and play an enchanter pretty well I think so I hope I leave each group with a good impression.

The invites back to groups tell me I am doing ok. I have only been in one group where a player that joined us kept telling us not to invite soandso as their gear stunk or they didn't know how to play their class or their guild was all jerks etc. we ended up booting that guy and invited the noob who actually worked better with the group.

Some people will be elitest, some people nice, just have fun, represent yourself well and people will invite you back again and again.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Skeleton

I've played a lot of EQ since 1999 and never has any group been required to pick up people. You could (and should) ask to join, but you should also accept the answer "no". Camps, that's a big debate... remember when there were so many camps in a zone and anyone who took 2 or more was an a-cavity? Probably still holds. As for "you probably suck", I can see that argument, but: Hasn't it always been the sacred duty of advanced players to teach and help newer ones? Let's all get along [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting that you forget to mention that the person then handed you the PGT he dropped and apologized explaining that she was working on faction, then listened to you bitch in /ooc cause she was clearing a few gnolls to get a few scalps. that person also helped you later on when you over pulled and asked for help.

If that makes me a douche... so be it
LOL... not you Kiera, this happened yesterday. You were there the day before and yes, when I said I was camping you gave me the Tomahawk, but nice of you to call me out on something I wasn't talking about and if I remember I said I would stick to the top and you could clear the bottom. Thought that I was being nice but oh well.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL... not you Kiera, this happened yesterday. You were there the day before and yes, when I said I was camping you gave me the Tomahawk, but nice of you to call me out on something I wasn't talking about and if I remember I said I would stick to the top and you could clear the bottom. Thought that I was being nice but oh well.
my mistake then =) no hard feelings.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

From a perspective of someone who is completely new to EQ, I can promise you it's better than in about any other mmo currently in existence. Values people in EQ still seem to hold, died long ago and aren't present anywhere except maybe in just a couple odd indie game comunities and that's it. There are few frustrating things that could be considered negative (constant camping in places and unwillingness to share from what I've seen so far) I might be frustrated for a day having awfully hard time finding a couple undeads as a cleric that wouldn't be taken by non- clerics that could surely level anywhere else, unlike me. Or having a hard time grouping up at levels 8-9, because at this level, noone really needs me and people rarely care about you unless they need you themselves. But then, random persons kindness just makes up for it and makes me realize how alive and vibrant the community makes this game feel. Stranger helping me retrieve my corpse my second day in EQ, while I chaotically explored Freeport as dark elf and wandered into places I shouldn't have and then randomly trading me plat to help me get by. Or that kind person yesterday that ran by me offering me a robe (for cleric,with stats, amazing!)he got himself when he was starting out, by someone else. Robe that I wouldn't get on my own anytime soon, that's for sure. Or people oferring to join me up in leveling, even if it never worked out so far, since everyone just outlevels me so fast and I wish it would. Honestly, where else do you find these things?
Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my mistake then =) no hard feelings.
No hard feelings. I've actually found a lot of people willing to help the last few days. It's been nice.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:51 AM
Sarnak

We need a server wipe.

Aside from that, avoid the most popular places if this become s a problem, most likely anyone that's "an asshat" or "elitist" they will be in those zones. Also many nice and great people.
I find the jerks to be the minority. I also have 17 characters.. And sometimes it's impossible to find a group...
Ill log on 3 chars, check lfg and friends list, and I'll log, not gonna spend my couple of gaming hours LFG...
Hop on Witcher, or another ps4 game, and try my luck next time .

On an unrelated note... I Miss Vanguard.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Aviak

So an update... I tried to level an alt in Unrest today and the first time I get a group going, but we have to disband because a 60th shows up and decides to power level someone and two other Twinks in Fungi Scale Vests decide to solo the other mobs. I log off, go take a break and come back and what do I find? Three PLing groups taking the whole courtyard so no one can even form a group. This is not the old EQ and if it is, this crap needs to stop because that wasn't the spirit of old EQ. We have lots of new players coming back, so what? The entitled 60s are going to take over and PL their buddies? What about the new people not twinked who can't solo camps? Screw them, because they haven't been playing for a year? This is BS plain and simple and something really should be done. There's a difference between camping a mob for a drop and taking over a dungeon so you can PL a select few people.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol'd.
Closed Thread