Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 11:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If hitbox change is intentional it seems classic to me. Being able to outrun some mobs without SoW always seemed a bit off to me on this server. Although I probably didn't know about strafe running back then either.

If this sticks seems like the days of Bards keeping the roads clear is over.
I don't disagree in a way, being that Bard kiting was OP but why change it now? You knew it existed in 99/00 and yet you let it exist on P99 for 6 years? I'm just not on the same page with why now and why no communication? Are we so afraid of the groaning and moaning we'd rather stealth it in? Are we also so concerned about bard kiting that we'd rather screw over non speed boosted classes? Just seems like someone used a jackhammer to secure a single picture nail. There were better ways to address this issue.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlid74 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't disagree in a way, being that Bard kiting was OP but why change it now? You knew it existed in 99/00 and yet you let it exist on P99 for 6 years? I'm just not on the same page with why now and why no communication? Are we so afraid of the groaning and moaning we'd rather stealth it in? Are we also so concerned about bard kiting that we'd rather screw over non speed boosted classes? Just seems like someone used a jackhammer to secure a single picture nail. There were better ways to address this issue.
I would place my money on it being a bug because of the recent resets tbh.

Plenty of stuff has been changed years later after the fact. For example the target box mob con color was removed sometime last year. Even though it comes back late in Velious (I think?) they removed it. Why? Because shit is classic.

IF this is an intentional change (which I doubt it is) I just don't see why Bards should complain. You guys had it good for a long time and it was kinda ridiculous being able to kill 100+ mobs by yourself. For everyone else that this affects, (that is not being able to easily run from mobs) just another case of the minority shitting it up for the majority. Not only is that classic but that's just life.
Last edited by Bboboo; 06-11-2015 at 11:27 PM..
Old 06-11-2015, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

if the classic police found something to be not classic, like this run speed issue, they'd for sure have it fixed. if this just so happened to pimp slap aoe kiting bards in the face then its a win win [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^ no clue if the run speed issue is a bug or w/e, just sayin
Old 06-11-2015, 11:50 PM
Kobold

I feel like since I just started playing and my highest character is level 8 (bard) that im getting screwed big time. Reading all these posts, especially from Red, is very discouraging. I would love to play in PvP but it seems that everyone cheats somehow over there and controls the market so heavily that at level 1 I would never get anywhere. I love the game and I came to P99 to relive the old days but am I a little late to the party?
Old 06-12-2015, 12:00 AM
Sarnak

Confirmed. Ninja bump on mob runspeed. No patchnotes?
Old 06-12-2015, 12:05 AM
Large Bat

Patch notes say something about fixing the run speed while feared, maybe it was an unintended bug?
Old 06-12-2015, 12:06 AM
Developer

Not intended. Investigating if a bug. Or some db update that didnt get patched before. Not sure at this point. Looking thru old patches.

H
Old 06-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Sarnak

This is how I remember EQ in 1999. If you didn't have SOW, all mobs could outrun you. This and nights being not so dark are the two things I noticed different from back then.

It certainly makes it tougher, no doubt about it. Have to hunt close to guards or zone lines again I guess haha.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcoma23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has anyone tried quadding recently? I just started playing with my lumi staff and would hate for my new toy to not work.
Was quading just fine earlier today
Old 06-12-2015, 12:11 AM
Orc

Haynar you might want to look at sow pots too. Posted about it in bug forum. Was trying to kite some mobs with sow pots, instead of strafing, and I'm pretty sure sow pots are the same speed as selos now, or close.