Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Got a 53 SK who has a terrible time in KC finding groups, and people slip away when you try to get something started that's a bit unorthodox.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The xp penalty is doing you the best favor you could ever ask for: stalling until the awful endgame in P99. Cherish the level up as much as you can because it gets awful once you are maxed level
Like I said - we all play the game a different way and for different reasons - I have no interest in end game and likely never will - but I also have no interest in burning out due to the harsh exp penalty (in a game that is already extremely time consuming) when I have limited time and several other games I actively play.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. The grp thing.

How many times does the actual mechanics of grp exp penalties need to be explained before people realize, the penalty works out the same way as if you were playing with a higher level grp member, so if one is truly concerned about maxing exp rate, you should not only ask what class, but also what level.

In a sense it is good people don't understand how the group penalties work. If they did, more people would be trying to make that perfect group where everyone else in the group is -2 level than they are, and are all halflings. Or some other such perfect personal max exp setup.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Why oh why can I never get...

1x Halfling warrior
1x Halfling cleric
4x Halfling rogues

...and all the same level as me? I mean COME ON guys! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

I'm just curious, but what exactly was the rationale, if there ever was one, as to why the XP penalty was implemented on certain classes?

Casters.. 10% Flat xp penalty? Why? Don't they kinda have it hard-enough with having to sit on the ground 85% of the time, pay for spells, find said spells, etc?

I understand the racial penalties, but I think those could have been handled better too. Instead of terrible XP penalties, maybe just further reduce their dexterity and agility. Seems pretty straightforward, but I've never understood the XP penalty system.
Old 05-03-2015, 01:05 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Casters.. 10% Flat xp penalty? Why? Don't they kinda have it hard-enough with having to sit on the ground 85% of the time, pay for spells, find said spells, etc?
At least that makes sense when you take into consideration the power of mage/necro pets, enchanter's charm/mana regen, and the fact wizards can kill most mobs before they get more than a few whacks on 'em.

Hybrid viability wasn't that great until Luclin and later when they started getting good unique spells and when spells unlocked started getting rejiggered.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not on opening night of Velious, it's patched in later (if classic).

Going to be a lot of disappointed iksar SKs noticing it's still slow for them to start with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for the answer.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

With the track record on here in the past I would not hold your breath that even at Christmas time it will be lifted. I would be amazed if it happens on the real timeline.

I doubt it will be "Classic". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the track record on here in the past I would not hold your breath that even at Christmas time it will be lifted. I would be amazed if it happens on the real timeline.

I doubt it will be "Classic". [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whenever it gets patched in there'll be a lot of chat about and probably a ton of iksar SKs in Field of Bone... if that's any hint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah - it really makes no sense to wait the additional 2 months or whatever it is. I can somewhat understand waiting until Velious - but trying to stick to the timeline when you're already several years off said timeline is just pretty much pointless if its ready to be implemented when the expansion releases.
Closed Thread