Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
It would be nice if* people would just respect others and stop trying to use the letter of the law to break the spirit of the law
That would be pretty nice.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

Tell the guy Hobby will come turn him into an armadillo while you get to be an Iksar if he doesn't play nice.

Then offer him pie.
Test Server : Tanulie
Old 11-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Large Rat

Train them, then charm all the mobs around their body and give them see invis.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:46 AM
Kobold

It's on page 2 and nobody has pointed out that the rule lawyer was WRONG?!?!?

Flow chart.

Is the mob outdoors? Yes.

Is the mob pathing? No.

-> STANDARD CAMP RULES APPLY!! <-

However, the grey area here lies in that the outdoor spectres may or may not be a single camp. GMs have ruled both ways, usually in favor of whoever isn't being an asshole, though sometimes it's simply whoever petitions first and cries the loudest. But that's a discussion for another thread and has already been done to death.

Rules are a necessity but get them right before you act like a douche. With that said if you can't actually handle a camp according to the rules it's YOUR responsibility to ALSO play nice and share.

^Spawn Broodling misclick.. we still won okay?^

Level 50 Bard and stuff.
Some kind of guy in <Dark Ascension> and things.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

I'd fucking hold the server staff at gunpoint and make them give me his IP address, then track him down and kill his whole family.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanvaren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's on page 2 and nobody has pointed out that the rule lawyer was WRONG?!?!?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd fucking hold the server staff at gunpoint and make them give me his IP address, then track him down and kill his whole family.
This is why we can't have nice things, Jeremy.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishriot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules Lawyers - you know the guy who comes along to your camp and starts trying to force themselves in on it and quoting various server rules to support them.

For instance I was in oasis doing the top 3 specs, there was a mage doing the bottom 5. I got there second so thats what I had to work with. He was pulling his 5 very regularly, none of them would be up for more then 5-10 sec without getting pulled. Some random prick comes by named Halfway and pulls one of the mage's mobs. He starts quoting the rules about pulling immediately or you can't claim the camp, blah blah blah.

Technically he is correct the rules do say that but really only a complete jerk would abuse that rule. I'm pretty sure 5-10 sec being up isn't in excess and there were already 2 people on the island it was pretty clear they were all taken.

Anyone have a suggestion about what to do about these people because there are a lot of them? It would be nice it people would just respect others and stop trying to use the letter of the law to break the spirit of the law

Your post informs us of a problem in the form of a story, and then asks for a suggestion on how to respect people. I'm sorry sir, but this is RnF. In order to qualify for this forum you must either spew forth hate towards individuals or spew forth utter stupidity in the hope that someone will reply by spewing forth hate at your stupidity ("trolling" as the kids call it).

In order to comply with these rules myself: suck a dick you idiotic [your race here], no one likes [your favorite band here] because they suck. [Something inane about a mangina named Tralina].

Thanks in advance for obedience. Board compliance officers will be monitoring your future posts.
Closed Thread