Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This did actually happen, no Meltan did not get a ring.

Yes, it's easy to check encounter logs. Who was camping the mobs prior makes no difference in an "FFA" camp like SRO AC.
So then... the Bard got the ring, and all of this was just rabble rousing/fearmongering about people stealing camps, with some awkward trolling at the end. Seems about right.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for posting your strategy. It will help resolve any disputes you may get involved in.
It's posts like this that seriously make me want to consider switching from course to game dev...

...almost. Pure win though.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 09-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow, this isn't even the encounter I was thinking of. Couple things:

OP paints a picture of being right there ready to engage the target and someone sneakily sniped it out from under him right after it spawned. Encounter log shows something different:

Spawned: Thu Sep 25, 2014; 20:31:37
Meltan Engages: 20:33:56 (over 2 minutes after it spawned)
Then a Druid engages at 20:34:37, Druid is in the same guild as the wizard.
Finally, at 20:35:16, OP engages the AC. (nearly 4 minutes after it spawns)

After that, 2 other people pile on, including another Wizard who does almost as much damage as the bard. No one is grouped. Even if this had been a legitimate camp as opposed to an "uncampable" mob, waiting 4 minutes to engage a spawn is pushing it.

OP clearly knew the mob was engaged, as it had been chasing after another player for almost 2 minutes at that point. Do I have the wrong encounter log? Because this is the only one I see with your name on it attacking an AC.

I also don't see any reimbursement requests to have the ring moved to Meltan, nor do I see any delete/move requests in CSR chat. OP, if Eunomia told you to hold onto that ring and not turn it in I would continue to do so, but I'm starting to think this was a troll. I feel dirty inside.

As a side note, when I was still a player I killed a white con AC at level 35 on a wizard in rags, so I can see a 31 wizard killing one of the lower level AC spawns (Wiki level range is incorrect, though I can't provide an exact number as per CSR policy).

Exactly. The Meltan did get first engage. That's not the dispute. I attacked the AC when it was at 100% health thinking I had first engage. Apparently it was rooted, as what Meltan told me afterwards. Check the logs where it shows it's health.

I had a Terrorantula on me when I engaged the AC, and I charm it onto the AC.

By the rules it's Meltan's AC. Not once was that disputed.

Eunomia blew me up and told me to leave the ring on the corspe, which I did. Want to ask her?

Whether or not Meltan got a ring from Eunomia, I don't know since I haven't spoken to him since.

If you see a Ring in my bank right now, it's because I went to OOT yesterday and camped the spawn for 6.5 hours to get another ring. Want to check your logs?

Check with Eunomia and look at the logs that show the Mob's health. It was at 100% when I engaged and the GM blew up my corpse and told me to leave the Ring on the corpse. Which I did.

Also, since we are going to post more logs, I'd love to see the one where it shows me in Sro Killing the PH for the AC, over and over.

The rules of this server dictate it was Meltan's Ring. My whole point was that it's a bogus rule to have someone camp the PH, get the AC to spawn, and not have any claims on it whatsoever.
Last edited by Sancta; 09-27-2014 at 05:59 PM..
Old 09-27-2014, 06:01 PM
Aviak

What does it mean to blow up the corpse? Like with a fireball or something? Or enlarge it so that it's even bigger than a typical giant? Or make it disappear?
Old 09-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. The Meltan did get first engage. That's not the dispute. I attacked the AC when it was at 100% health thinking I had first engage. Apparently it was rooted, as what Meltan told me afterwards. Check the logs where it shows it's health.

I had a Terrorantula on me when I engaged the AC, and I charm it onto the AC.

By the rules it's Meltan's AC. Not once was that disputed.

Eunomia blew me up and told me to leave the ring on the corspe, which I did. Want to ask her?

Whether or not Meltan got a ring from Eunomia, I don't know since I haven't spoken to him since.

If you see a Ring in my bank right now, it's because I went to OOT yesterday and camped the spawn for 6.5 hours to get another ring. Want to check your logs?

Check with Eunomia and look at the logs that show the Mob's health. It was at 100% when I engaged and the GM blew up my corpse and told me to leave the Ring on the corpse.
Logs don't get that specific. Yes, your ring was corpsed (I just looted and deleted it to prevent future shenanigans). What I'm saying is that the amount of time between the mob spawning -> Meltan's engage -> your engage show that Meltan is more or less free of shame here. If you're going to let an FFA spawn stay up for ~4 minutes before you engage it, you should probably expect to lose it.

Even on a defined "camp" I'd say leaving a mob up for 4 minutes is pushing it. I don't think Meltan did anything wrong here based on the amount of time it took you to engage, and Eunomia did the right thing removing the ring. If he had "stolen" the mob from you in the first 15-30 seconds, that might be a different story, but that wasn't the case here.

This is why people camp the AC in OOT - unless you bring a group (like you would for a popular spawn like Quillmane) you should expect to be vying for FTE on the SRo AC.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sancta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seems like back tracking to me.
So why didn't we post the full story at the start?
Old 09-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Logs don't get that specific. Yes, your ring was corpsed (I just looted and deleted it to prevent future shenanigans). What I'm saying is that the amount of time between the mob spawning -> Meltan's engage -> your engage show that Meltan is more or less free of shame here. If you're going to let an FFA spawn stay up for ~4 minutes before you engage it, you should probably expect to lose it.

Even on a defined "camp" I'd say leaving a mob up for 4 minutes is pushing it. I don't think Meltan did anything wrong here based on the amount of time it took you to engage, and Eunomia did the right thing removing the ring. If he had "stolen" the mob from you in the first 15-30 seconds, that might be a different story, but that wasn't the case here.

This is why people camp the AC in OOT - unless you bring a group (like you would for a popular spawn like Quillmane) you should expect to be vying for FTE on the SRo AC.
I don't disagree with anything you said here. The AC is a random location spawn in a section of the desert. It isn't able to camped like a normal unique static spawn.

All the rules have been applied as the server rule book states.

Not once have I asked for the ring back, the rules were applied justly.

The point, however, is the rule should be changed for certain spawns that can be triggered in outdoors. Some of these spawns, like the AC, have precise ways they can be spawned and that can take hours of work to do.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Since the topic of FTE has been brought-up: is mezzing a mob considered an engagement? Supposing the mez sticks, the mob is aggroed even if it wont move.

I'm thinking of a situation where I'm playing my enchanter, I see a mob i'd like to farm and there's nothing around I can charm (my target is too high for the level of mobs around, for example) and I need to summon a pet. Memming the spell and casting it takes a good 30 seconds. If someone came during those 30 seconds and broke mez to engage the mob, who had the FTE?

Would rooting the mob present a different scenario?
Old 09-27-2014, 06:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So why didn't we post the full story at the start?
What was missing?
Old 09-27-2014, 06:20 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since the topic of FTE has been brought-up: is mezzing a mob considered an engagement? Supposing the mez sticks, the mob is aggroed even if it wont move.

I'm thinking of a situation where I'm playing my enchanter, I see a mob i'd like to farm and there's nothing around I can charm (my target is too high for the level of mobs around, for example) and I need to summon a pet. Memming the spell and casting it takes a good 30 seconds. If someone came during those 30 seconds and broke mez to engage the mob, who had the FTE?

Would rooting the mob present a different scenario?
Mez won't put you on the encounter log, so we'd have nothing to show that you were first to engage.

Edit: OP, I'm not trying to attack you, I just thought you painted a disingenuous and unfair picture of what happened. While I sympathize with your experience (try getting an AC in SRo on Red pre-patch without getting ganked when the AC is at 10% hp), the bottom line is this is simpler to enforce, is in-line with classic CSR rulings, and will probably not be changed. If you want to camp a non-static spawn like this, bring some friends to ensure you can zap it the moment it spawns.
Last edited by Derubael; 09-27-2014 at 06:22 PM..
Closed Thread