Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to post about this one time, to set the record as straight as possible. Yes, I triggered a charm on someone else's engage. It was unbelievably stupid, and caused by ignorance of how taunt resists work. No, it was not malicious or intentional.

I wanted to add myself to the encounter log so that if Hoku died or was charmed (as has happened multiple times on VP pulls) I could stand from FD, and secure our FTE. Often when a puller dies, FTE changes several times, as pullers standing under the dragon are unexpectedly stunned, killed and charmed. My plan was to taunt PD to get on the agro list and then immediately FD and stay down until I saw a new FTE on one of our own pullers. I would then stand to be added to the encounter log. And I'd be far, far away from the dragon, totally safe with our own FTE. I did not think I could pull agro on PD with a taunt resist, since PD is at least level 70, and taunt cannot work on red con mobs. I assumed I would be on the agro list, but at the very bottom, since I'd have done no damage or affected the mob in any way. And thus PD would not turn to me, or set off a charm. I was wrong. To suggest that I tried to set off a charm on purpose is absurd and insulting. However, I understand why people would think this. I can't make you believe me, so I won't try to convince you anymore than this. If i was trying to set off a charm why would I use taunt and not just a spell, melee attack, root net, or mallet charge. Why would I do it so clearly in front of other people? Because I didn't think it was possible to pull agro on PD with a taunt.

None of what I said here matters when it comes to petitions and that's the only reason I'm even posting about it at all. It doesn't matter whether it was done on purpose or not. And it probably doesn't matter if if affected the fight in any way. Which it did not. I think everyone that knows me, even some people in IB who apparently consider me some kind of enemy, know that I'm a reasonable person and this kind of violation is not in my character. I'd always rather lose mobs than risk something like this. I'm sorry for what happened and I'm glad it didn't cost you a kill. It's not something that's ever happened before, and not something which will ever happen again.
So what you're saying is even TMO's raid leaders don't know basic mechanics? Maybe you should have asked in O-chat how agro works. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what you're saying is even TMO's raid leaders don't know basic mechanics? Maybe you should have asked in O-chat how agro works. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's hardly "basic."
Old 09-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's hardly "basic."
But buddy you knew all about how this worked and what it did. And we did it on PD twice and Silverwing once this past weekend.

Quote:
Can confirm this has been happening for months and has not been fixed despite it being investigated. Most recently it happened at both PD and Talendor this weekend. In the past, we've had multiple pet pullers who were standing at the zone in, get charmed by a VP dragon from their spawn point when another puller attempted to FTE. Here's the old thread. It seems like hate/fear trash was addressed, but dragons were not.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ighlight=charm

And I agree it would be awesome of Draco and CT shouts were zonewide. I don't know if there's actually a difference, but draco's in particular seems incredibly small. It's hard to tell when another guild has pulled unless you're watching him.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Living life as the 1%
I'm still not entirely convinced. That said, so what? Ok, you're upsetting a few people; it's RnF. That isn't hard. I don't see why you'd want to stay in an organization you hate so much, but as long as you show up as a warm body for raids no one really cares.

If you really wanted something changed you'd not post anonymously. All you're doing now is making an ass of yourself.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But buddy you knew all about how this worked and what it did. And we did it on PD twice and Silverwing once this past weekend.
I know all about the charm mechanic. That's well documented. I've bug reported it more than once in fact. And explained in TS/vent about it as I'm sure you know.

I did not know about taunt resists being able to pull agro off pullers. That's all I'm saying.

If you've seen the Groom fraps you know it was nothing more than an accident. He was one of the FTEers and he bowed SW and then FD'd. He stood when he thought he was safe but didn't see SW walking up behind him. Also, it only happened once at PD. If you're referring to that one a few weeks ago you'd know an IB puller set that charm off on their own engage. We had logs and fraps, and IB chose not to pursue a petition. Seems like you just blindly believe everything your IB friends tell you.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Planar Protector

so what is the new name
Old 09-25-2014, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

<Produce>
Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

name sucks imo
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Produce>
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2014, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

[Thu Sep 25 15:59:28 2014] Blitzkragg tells the guild, 'lol'
[Thu Sep 25 15:59:29 2014] Malleus says, 'XP Group: Malleus (In G DPS) || Obelani(Shinko) || @Misek(Stabzer) || Drainer(xp) || Kinki(Coldplay) || Pattie's Rep(?) || Bamek(XP)'
[Thu Sep 25 15:59:29 2014] Malleus says, '@ sits'
[Thu Sep 25 15:59:29 2014] Malleus says, 'pst for updates/corrections'
[Thu Sep 25 15:59:34 2014] Rakpartha tells the guild, 'power bottom is the way to go'

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Closed Thread