Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

I really hope we get to loot weapons off dead pets one of these days.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope we get to loot weapons off dead pets one of these days.
When was that changed? I always thought you could do that.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

I know you're asking for solo options, but if you can find a cleric friend to duo with in HS North, it's easily the best exp til 59. Grab a skele pet so you can stun/mez/retash/ToT/boltrans on breaks. With haste, torch, and a cleric CH, you can do 75% of the wing easily. Avoid big boss room til 57+ unless you're just out of mobs.

For soloing in North, I would always go 1v1 (pet vs. Mob), break when low and kill both, unless I pulled more than one. In that case, sick pet on one, mez other, slow both and your pet should be able to get both slowed mobs to <10% before it gets really low. Can break and kill all three for full xp.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Kobold

Is North Wing the easiest?
Old 08-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Easiest to hardest:

North < West < South < East

I really dislike West, personally. It's cramped and has some pretty shitty loot. I stayed at North til 58/59, then moved to south in duo or trios. South can be very, very tough. I've found it easier to grab a pet from west (123 hitters) as they break less and can be charmed with Boltrans. The hardest part of south is the initial break-in if you go this route though. The group of four behind portrait plus two possible roamed adds can get problematic if you get a lull resist or something. The loot makes it well worth it though.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure you want to charm a pet, weaponize it, haste it, lvl4 mez it and root it. Get a new pet, have it fight your beast pet. Break new pet and kill. Keep beastmode mob rooted. It will blender your pets and you can keep him rooted the whole time. If you have mana issues lvl4 mez and let him reset.

Can usually get like 4-5 mobs killed before you need to mez and let your weaponized beast mob regen to full. Then repeat. Just keep him tashed and rooted the whole time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wow thanks!

uh heh.. do you recommend weapons to use? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This also works to Power level from 20-55+ at a pretty nice rate

Edit: Dammnit didnt read the other pages, Tecmos beat me to it. He's the one who told me!
Solo Kills
Last edited by maurilax; 08-02-2014 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Banned

HS was awesome - It was full of loot and lol's... at first we were like RARWRRRRR and just kicking the shit out of everything no fear style.

then we had a CR

then after that we were like, meow.

Still super fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurilax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Dammnit didnt read the other pages, Tecmos beat me to it. He's the one who told me!
tecmos tells us all everything.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torch
Maybe I'm missing the joke or there's really no joke and we should use a vendor purchased torch but I'm bewildered by this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by perogi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe I'm missing the joke or there's really no joke and we should use a vendor purchased torch but I'm bewildered by this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vendor torch forces dual wield on NPCs.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruptcy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vendor torch forces dual wield on NPCs.
Thanks kruptcy - would you also give it a weapon or just give it one or two torches and let them go crazy (assuming the weapon would be a pos rusty weapon).
Closed Thread