Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Banned

I made this very real and statistically accurate graph.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 08-11-2014 at 09:42 PM..
Old 08-11-2014, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ITT: tough guys
stupid losers having opinions in a thread you made specifically asking people's opinions
Old 08-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

People also seem to assume that less forgiving stuff auto =s harder. IE, the time spent to regain exp loss from a death in EQ with no 96% rez vs no exp loss in most modern mmos.

I do love EQ and always will, and will always play here when I can, but being someone that has raided in top 10 "guilds" for server/world firsts in most MMOs, I can tell you that mechanics in EQ don't even touch current games in terms of "difficulty". That also being said though, I have never seen so many people in a game fail to clear the last content in an expansion till post expansions come out (sadly this mostly applies to later expansions, so not even relevant to p99 difficulty).

Basically what the last paragraph is getting it, is I can see certain aspects being considered hard, like clerics not being able to properly do a CH rotation, but overall difficulty of EQ doesn't in any shape / form compare to modern day MMOs. The only thing it has for it, is are you a player that can handle doing something like exping in the same spot for weeks, maybe months, which some could interpret as hard. I think what term people should really be saying, is EQ feels more rewarding. Not that EQ is or was hard. Hell, games like WoW even have DBM telling you how to do a fight, and it is still harder than EQ (which is something interesting to point out p99 difficulty considering the content will never be "new", it removes a lot of trial / error for most people since and strats that might exist outside of throwing 100000 people at something are mostly irrelevant).
Old 08-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People also seem to assume that less forgiving stuff auto =s harder. IE, the time spent to regain exp loss from a death in EQ with no 96% rez vs no exp loss in most modern mmos.

I do love EQ and always will, and will always play here when I can, but being someone that has raided in top 10 "guilds" for server/world firsts in most MMOs, I can tell you that mechanics in EQ don't even touch current games in terms of "difficulty". That also being said though, I have never seen so many people in a game fail to clear the last content in an expansion till post expansions come out (sadly this mostly applies to later expansions, so not even relevant to p99 difficulty).

Basically what the last paragraph is getting it, is I can see certain aspects being considered hard, like clerics not being able to properly do a CH rotation, but overall difficulty of EQ doesn't in any shape / form compare to modern day MMOs. The only thing it has for it, is are you a player that can handle doing something like exping in the same spot for weeks, maybe months, which some could interpret as hard. I think what term people should really be saying, is EQ feels more rewarding. Not that EQ is or was hard. Hell, games like WoW even have DBM telling you how to do a fight, and it is still harder than EQ (which is something interesting to point out p99 difficulty considering the content will never be "new", it removes a lot of trial / error for most people since and strats that might exist outside of throwing 100000 people at something are mostly irrelevant).
I haven't played any modern MMOs (don't know shit about WoW), but my opinion falls in this general area. People can argue about EQ being harder than modern MMOs til they're blue in the face... but it doesn't change the fact that classic-style EQ could be a lot more challenging if you didn't hang onto all the ancient, extremely binary content, especially at the upper levels and raiding. Give the people who do have their shit together something to really sink their teeth into beyond endless grinding, farming, tracking, scheduling, etc.

Redesigning all of the existing raid content to have actual scripts and distinctive multi-part strategies would obviously never go down, but it would go a long way. Putting a cap on the number of people that can attack a raid mob to prevent blatant zerging might help too, although I understand there definitely isn't enough raid content to sustain the guild splits that would inevitably cause.

not classic though and not a player, ignore!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I played in a 25m heroic that was one of the top guilds on Area 52 server in WOW up until a month ago when i found P99. Wow is not difficult at all it is one of the easiest mmos I've ever played. The only key to wow is have good gear, Learn the best rotation of skills to do max dps and don't stand in shit. Nothing more. AoW is harder then any boss I've ever fought in wow. Emp Ssra again harder then any boss wow has ever put out. Want make EQ harder then all other mmo's is the strict and harsh penalties of death. Wow you die no big deal i can run back untouched with only needing to spend a little gold to fix my gear. EQ not only do you lose exp that could have taken hours to days to get depending on the level but you also have to run back naked to get your gear or lose everything you have. Again wow is like a down pillow and EQ a brick wall.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

It really needs to be mentioned that the exp loss isn't a factor for people pursuing anything worthwhile. Exp doesnt matter much at 60, and you always end up getting a rez anyway
Old 08-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Anything can sound easy if you prefix it with "All you have to do is..."
Old 08-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

All you have to do is prefix it with "All you have to do is..."

Your right, it is pretty easy when it comes right down to it. Also, if you break another mez you're getting a paladin rez, and he's not 59 yet.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made this very real and statistically accurate graph.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bumping my graph because it has all the answers.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played in a 25m heroic that was one of the top guilds on Area 52 server in WOW up until a month ago when i found P99. Wow is not difficult at all it is one of the easiest mmos I've ever played. The only key to wow is have good gear, Learn the best rotation of skills to do max dps and don't stand in shit. Nothing more. AoW is harder then any boss I've ever fought in wow. Emp Ssra again harder then any boss wow has ever put out. Want make EQ harder then all other mmo's is the strict and harsh penalties of death. Wow you die no big deal i can run back untouched with only needing to spend a little gold to fix my gear. EQ not only do you lose exp that could have taken hours to days to get depending on the level but you also have to run back naked to get your gear or lose everything you have. Again wow is like a down pillow and EQ a brick wall.
But that is just it, It DOES NOT MATTER how hard or easy you think WoW is, IT IS STILL HARDER THAN EQ. That is the point I'm getting at, and unless you play very few jobs, like dual wield frost DK, or Hunter, you even push significantly more buttons than EQ. Consider this, if you think WoW is extremely easy, if you have patience, EQ will be a joke for you.
Closed Thread