Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an inside job or not?
Inside Job 88 39.46%
Outside Job 84 37.67%
I LIKE METAL 51 22.87%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even more hypocrisy. You are all about free speech, and now you tell me not to post my opinion. You also say I shouldn't post because it won't do any good... so why exactly are you posting here?
You were the one who told me to leave my country if I had problems with YOUR society's values. I was not the one intolerant of the other's opinion.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Aviak

[QUOTE=Bojangles;155261]
Eccentricaa:
"By this do you mean your values? Or are you discussing religious values written in your holy book?"

By this I mean the values that made our society great. [quote]

But what values are those? Define them for me. What are values exclusive to America, that made our country great? Where did you obtain such values, and why are they exclusive to Americans? List them for me, because I fail to find "American Values" that are not simply values that other people of other countries share.

You sound like you have memorized many of Fox New's talking points since you are repeating them like a good lemming. Just because the same statement is repeated hundreds of time a day does not make it true.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojangles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eccentricaa:
"By this do you mean your values? Or are you discussing religious values written in your holy book?"

By this I mean the values that made our society great.
But what values are those? Define them for me. What are values exclusive to America, that made our country great? Where did you obtain such values, and why are they exclusive to Americans? List them for me, because I fail to find "American Values" that are not simply values that other people of other countries share.

You sound like you have memorized many of Fox New's talking points since you are repeating them like a good lemming. Just because the same statement is repeated hundreds of time a day does not make it true.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Fire Giant

Interesting..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_u9Ni6jHfw
Old 10-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were the one who told me to leave my country if I had problems with YOUR society's values. I was not the one intolerant of the other's opinion.
I am going to have to call your bullshit on this one. He never said his values he said our values. Meaning possibly the silent majority. the ones who still follow tradional american values but do not need to shout it to the skies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentricaa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People get worked up about burning a flag. Those same people pollute our air, fail to vote, beat their wives, cheat on their taxes, toss cigarettes and litter out the car window, waste tons of food, overflow our landfills, break the law, bail on child support, molest our children, and destroy this country in so many more ways than simply burning a flag.
I do not pollute our air. I do not beat my wife. I have never cheated on my taxes. I do not smoke. I do not litter out the car window. I always make sure to not waste food. I recycle everything I possibly can and collet things from others that they would not recycle to recycle them. I have never broken the law. I can not "bail" on child support as I have been with my wife for over 30 years and have raised all my children. and I most definitly have never molested a child. Yet for some reason it pisses me off when someone who does not even really who's graves and sacrafices they are spitting on burns a flag.
Perhaps it is those tradional values of my generation showing through
Old 10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Eccentricaa
"You were the one who told me to leave my country if I had problems with YOUR society's values. I was not the one intolerant of the other's opinion."

You have no idea what is going on here, do you? I am not castigating you for being intolerant, as I have no problem with intolerance of others' views. If you don't think your views are superior to others, why bother to hold those views at all? What I am ridiculing you for is your hypocrisy. You say intolerance is bad, then you say things which are intolerant. Text book example of hypocrisy.

Eccentricaa:
"But what values are those? Define them for me. What are values exclusive to America, that made our country great? Where did you obtain such values, and why are they exclusive to Americans? List them for me, because I fail to find "American Values" that are not simply values that other people of other countries share. "

Please read more carefully next time, as it will save both of us a lot of time. You seem to just make things up that I never said (yes, a common liberal habit and probably hard for you to break). I never said those values were exclusive to America. In most cases they were thought up long before American even existed. The difference with America is that we took many ideas from many different thinkers and actually implemented them (or at least tried, sometimes in flawed way, but we tried.)

In a nutshell, these American values revolve around what powers the government has, and which powers it does not have. A limited government of checks and balances is a good place to start. It is also about a set of social mores that have survived the test of time, and lead us to where we are today, triumphing over other cultures in a Darwinian way (See "Darwin's Cathedral" by David Sloan Wilson to understand what I mean more fully). I am not saying these values are fixed in stone, as they have to be translated into the modern era. But translated, not completely rewritten without any thought on the consequences, which what is currently happening.

I have tried to answer your questions, now please answer the questions I posed above. Here are some highlights so you don't have to strain your reading comprehension skills:

1. You have not even attempted to defend yourself from my accusations of hypocrisy, all you did was incorrectly label me as a hypocrite as well. Is this an admission of guilt?
2. What was the point of mentioning a holy book?
3. Do you denounce Purist for telling me to leave the country?
4. Do you still maintain that those who are against flag burning are all criminals?
5. Do you still think that posting on message boards is worthless... except for yourself and those who believe as you do?

BTW, I thank you for at least attempting some thought in your replies. I wish I could say the same for Purist.

Purist:
"lol, this guy has to be a troll."

So I am a troll because of 2 links that I did not post? I do not quite understand. How about you address the issues I raised, and try to show that I am a troll from the statements I actually made.

Perhaps hearing someone who disagrees with you is such a shock that you must assume I am a troll, as all your experience in college has taught you that everyone thinks the same way... except of course for those hairy Neanderthals who all dropped out of high school, cook up meth, read some holy book Eccentricaa talks about, screw their sisters, listen to country music, only watch Fox news, hate blacks and Jews, etc. etc. It might be time for you to leave the womb of academia and realize there is more than 1 way to look at the world.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

tl;dr
Old 10-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Decaying Skeleton

addendum:
If you truly don't know what is meant by "American values", then you are an excellent example of the problem. In any other culture its members would know what was meant by their values, and although there might be some discrepancies between members, for the most part they would not be very different from each other. The only people who would be clueless about what was meant by "[insert your culture here]'s values" would be autistics and sociopaths. And even sociopaths would have a pretty good idea, they just wouldn't care.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Fire Giant

It's ok. Eccentricaa probably believes the Japanese are victims in WW2 because America dropped the bomb on them twice to end the war.

But has never heard of the Rape of Nanking because she is/was educated by the American public school system which never mentions what the Japanese did to SE Asia during WW2.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by purist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tl;dr
I'll sum it up for you.

Quote:
derp
Closed Thread