Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Kobold

Default Warrior Agro----

Ok unlike a lot of other post I see im not complaining about taunt, it seems very close to what i remember of live back in 99....however my problem is this...

Everyone on this server swears by proc weapons for agro (and yes in live proc weapons were better then non-procing weapons) HOWEVER I can clearly remember playing on my warrior pre-kunark on live with no Fbss, mostly bronze, and 2 decent (6/22 no proc) weapons at lvl 25 and being able to hold agro with relative ease. On here I can have 2 obsidian shards a Fbss full suit of crafted and at lvl25 im having to FIGHT MY ASS OFF to obtain agro unless i get a proc or 2.......

Also from my understanding of raiding later on (on this server), a warrior HAS to have 2yaks to have ANY chance of holding agro, this as stated before was something on live that people preferred but there were plenty of cases of warriors using 2 fast weapons such as thullian claws, and electric bladed wakusi (or however its spelled) and holding agro ALMOST as good as the tanks with 2 yaks......I will admit that a warrior with 2 yaks did hold agro better then the warrior using non-proc fast weapons, however on this server the warrior with the fast weapons will generate little to no agro at all.........this seems severely broke to me.

Now you can blame this on DPS that don't wait to dps but Ive had healers pull agro off me with a single heal and the mob already at 60% cause I had yet to proc with a weapon (this case it was just me and the healer,so i had done 40% of dmg already to the mob) this was another clue to me.

I know a lot of people complain about taunt being broke being the reason warriors are broken and where as it might not work like it does currently in live, it seems to work just like it did in classic....

I think the reason people feel like its broke is cause they're playing the same class they did back then, using the same fast/dps based weapons that gave them "good enough" agro back in the day, just arn't cutting it anymore. Because to them the dps output seems the same, they assume the threat generated is the same......so only answer is= taunt must be broke.

I feel like some hidden threat modifier that affects EVERY hit a warrior makes, is missing from the equation or its set to low.....

Maybe im wrong, but something definitely FEELS wrong to me.....worth looking into......hope everyone doesn't flame me to bad for this :x
Old 10-03-2010, 02:26 AM
Orc

You should also consider that many other classes have broken mechanics that affect their aggro generation, which can make things look worse than they are for a tank (not to say that warriors are fine). Slows and mez's seem to cause a ridiculous amount of hate, memblur's seem to be ineffective, sitting appears to cause no extra aggro, the list goes on. I'm not sure we'll ever see an exact replica of how everything once worked, as all we have to go on are people's memories - and the flaw in that is endless.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

sit does cause extra aggro. i'm sitting in upper guk right now. i killed a green mob standing next to another green mob that didn't assist at all. the second i sat down that non assisting mob attacked me.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Aviak

Something else I've noticed: In Classic, most people weren't as focused on, for lack of a better term, being top of the damage meters. We knew that we had to give the tank a little bit to get aggro before going all in. I finally got too tired of rogues jumping in behind the mobs on the pull, before it even got to me, and backstabbing (OMGWTF YOU SUCK GET THIS OFF ME!), and just shelved my warrior.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should also consider that many other classes have broken mechanics that affect their aggro generation, which can make things look worse than they are for a tank (not to say that warriors are fine). Slows and mez's seem to cause a ridiculous amount of hate, memblur's seem to be ineffective, sitting appears to cause no extra aggro, the list goes on.
This. It's been brought up a few times for different spells (mez/slow/malise) but I don't think a dev ever answered any concerns about aggro being broken so I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of fix. It definitely doesn't feel right though.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainingvodka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sit does cause extra aggro. i'm sitting in upper guk right now. i killed a green mob standing next to another green mob that didn't assist at all. the second i sat down that non assisting mob attacked me.
When any PC sits it registers as a lvl 1 PC, that's why any mob which is KoS will attack you no matter the level. This information went public years ago.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zallarenya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something else I've noticed: In Classic, most people weren't as focused on, for lack of a better term, being top of the damage meters. We knew that we had to give the tank a little bit to get aggro before going all in. I finally got too tired of rogues jumping in behind the mobs on the pull, before it even got to me, and backstabbing (OMGWTF YOU SUCK GET THIS OFF ME!), and just shelved my warrior.
+1
Old 10-04-2010, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

It's hard to base these assumptions off memories that are 10 years old. I remember plenty of times during live being the last one alive in my group after a wipe because I couldn't get aggro.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

One way to deal with these "broken" mechanics. Quoted from PEQ forms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snwbrdr642
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani
re: taunt

My understanding is it is simply putting you at highest aggro+1. That is not building aggro.
Ok, I see this everywhere and it is just not true mechanically, here's why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimLS
Taunt at max hate gives you a negligible amount of threat. One thing to keep in mind though: versus ranged you can still be tanking and not be at the top of the hate list because the ai prefers to attack targets in melee so there's a threshold that the ranged has to hit to pull so long as they stay out of the hit box.
So if you have a nuker in your group they can actually be on top of the hate list and you can keep agro and when you hit taunt you will actually instantly generate the amount of hate that will put you at the top of the list. Its not game changing, but its not something you should ignore or be unaware of. Again, its not something that you (99% of people playing on emu servers) should be unaware of.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:47 PM
Large Bat

I'm not sure, but I think I remember reading that on this server, misses produce no aggro, I have no proof under my hand but I remember misses producing aggro on Live, it may be the difference in aggro warriors (especially those without aggro weapons) are enduring.
You may want to research on this, I'm not 100% sure, but it can be the answer you're looking for.