Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 12:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is hitting the "C" key really all that tedious?

Just be glad you all have your new fancy UIs with percentages and multiple hotbars and medding without being blind.

One day, we will get cleansed of these horrible things that make players think they are better than classic. And all will be right in the world. Praise classic UI.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how do i even set up this ui ?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:22 AM
Banned

All I want for Christmas is a EQ server with classic/kunark/velious content without the blatantly stupid classic mechanics just for the sake of "classic". Keep target rings and con colors and hell even maps are fine by me. The quality of life improvements to EQ weren't what ruined it the content and PoK/heavy instancing is what ruined EQ for me. Not whether or not I had a map or could easily tell what con a mob was without hitting C. All these classic changes lately serve no real purpose and the amount of people that hate the changes outweighs the people that like them "cause classic brah!" by prolly ~500-1.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSwag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then why do you keep posting? you contribute nothing. all you do is troll.
dude im the ony one here saying nice things about the devs XD
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I want for Christmas is a EQ server with classic/kunark/velious content without the blatantly stupid classic mechanics just for the sake of "classic". Keep target rings and con colors and hell even maps are fine by me. The quality of life improvements to EQ weren't what ruined it the content and PoK/heavy instancing is what ruined EQ for me. Not whether or not I had a map or could easily tell what con a mob was without hitting C. All these classic changes lately serve no real purpose and the amount of people that hate the changes outweighs the people that like them "cause classic brah!" by prolly ~500-1.
You should get to work on that right away.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:50 AM
Developer

Running your own emu server is easy. Beware of the script kiddie asshats. They will ruin the fun.

H
Old 06-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

People on P99 will always pick and choose what features should be implemented because "It's classic!" or "It's not fair!" or "That just makes the game unnecessarily harder!".

Quit QQing, dummies.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People on P99 will always pick and choose what features should be implemented because "It's classic!" or "It's not fair!" or "That just makes the game unnecessarily harder!".

Quit QQing, dummies.
How are we dummies for preferring a feature that isn't game breaking or classic? I don't think people are asking to much.

I can only imagine how high on their horse the dev team is feeling right now.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Banned

We seem to be ignoring the fact that there's a very limited market of people that want to play old school EQ content. P99 is the most popular and regardless of whatever dumb changes happen will likely continue to have a stranglehold on the market to the point that no other server has much of a chance of having a semi-acceptable population. The only exception is if by some miracle SoE decided to launch their own classic server. That's the only thing that has any chance of dethroning P99. People are invested in their characters and would likely stay even if a mildly better server were to surface. So in conclusion "just make your own server" argument is pretty dumb.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:10 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoloSwag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this change is stupid, but its not our server, so its not our rules. its just a burden we'll have to live with.

another reason why i wish soe would just release there own true classic server cause i know they wouldnt do stupid shit like this.
They wouldn't do it because they would want to pull from the casual crowd which is why they added all the bullshit they added that killed EQ.

Whine whine whine, camps too long, can't get a camp in 5 minutes, can't play ALL night like those pooples with great gear, staring at the spell book is too hard and dangerous, can't get a group, there aren't enough clerics, rangers suck really bad... for years the whining went on which encouraged Sony to 'fix' those things, including the ever so difficult to press C key.

Press C ffs.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonoclastia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They wouldn't do it because they would want to pull from the casual crowd which is why they added all the bullshit they added that killed EQ.

Whine whine whine, camps too long, can't get a camp in 5 minutes, can't play ALL night like those pooples with great gear, staring at the spell book is too hard and dangerous, can't get a group, there aren't enough clerics, rangers suck really bad... for years the whining went on which encouraged Sony to 'fix' those things, including the ever so difficult to press C key.

Press C ffs.
You honestly can't see the difference between huge changes like PoK teleports making the world feel small and heavy instancing ruining the game and stuff like not being able to tell what green mobs give exp and which ones don't and whether or not you have to press C to see what con a mob is?

Hint: There's a big difference. Certain changes made the game better. Others made it worse. I don't get the mentality "Let's implement shitty changes nobody wants just so we can say "Classic gais!" I'm sure you'll reply with some tired old argument along the lines of "Well where do we draw the line then?!" but that's a cop out and you know it. I think the vast majority of people playing on this server would agree that being able to see con without hitting C isn't something they feel dumbs down the game or should be changed. Nor would they approve of getting rid of light blue and making all light blues green thereby eliminating any way of knowing which green mobs will give you exp and which ones won't. This isn't hard man.... Why can't we just make the game fun? Contrary to popular belief IT IS possible to have the benefits of Classic EQ without all the terrible game mechanics that went with it.
Last edited by jcr4990; 06-25-2014 at 01:23 AM..
Closed Thread