Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

This thread makes me mostly sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2014, 01:43 PM
Aviak

If what I have gleaned from Derub's quoted post implies that players can affect/impact server rules provided there is a pre-arranged player agreement between participating guilds, this would also mean players can change established rules provided that all parties involved agree to it in advance (this naturally includes the "OK" of a change from server staff, not just the players).

It sounds to me like the server staff prefers agreements that result in less CSR involvement. It also sounds like there have been far fewer disputes in Class R than there have been in Class C or FFA situations. It also sounds like this post was made to encourage Class C to make some efforts to cooperate in a similar manner demonstrated by Class R. Derub's post also hints as an encouraging warning (much like Rogean's warning last December), as much as it is a request.

While I understand the hesitation to do anything outside the written rule, I also see how something like what is being suggested working flawlessly in Class R, because guilds already seem to have an idea who is up for X spawn on any given rotation. After all, if you already know you're up for CT, why not plan ahead and do a Fear Clear first? It's certainly the more "classic" way of doing things, and I'm also sure it would work better for guild scheduling of events for members.

Until everyone can understand the global importance of cooperation, and how it affects server administration and satisfaction of the player base as a whole, I cannot see how arrangements like this can be made in FFA or Class C situations currently, but I have faith that this has potential to change.

Blue: (Inactive)
Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

TAKProject: (Inactive)
Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Green: (Inactive)
Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
Babayaaga Danaeis, Ellyn Danaeis
~Xegony
Old 04-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babayaaga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also sounds like this post was made to encourage Class C to make some efforts to cooperate in a similar manner demonstrated by Class R.
That wasn't my intention, but it would be nice.

I just feel that the purpose of this rule falls outside the scope of how its being interpreted. So we are trying to kept imaginary Lord Bob 2.0 happy by poopsocking in Ferrott waiting for draco to pop.. when the rule was implemented specifically to discourage poop socking of large amounts of players? Like someone said before.. this rule did nothing except move the sock outside the zone

Subjecting Class R to this rule makes no sense. This is what Class R is for... we impose restrictions on what we will engage and agree to play nice, but still face the penalty of socking outside of fear or hate. We aren't camping out alt armies because most of us don't have them. So I don't see why this rule is relevant to Class R.

It really kills the fun to not be allowed to clear a zone because a mob is in window and its our turn to kill it.
Seems wayyyyyyy ass backwards to me.

Thank god we are preserving Lord Bob 2.0's ability to experience classic Everquest even if they don't want to be part of our rotation...
Last edited by drktmplr12; 04-08-2014 at 02:14 PM.. Reason: added 'and its our turn to kill it'
Old 04-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there such a problem with guilds doing this permacamping of raid targets before the rule was written? (if so, then there's plenty of reason for this rule and I revise my opinion)
Its my understanding that the sole purpose of this rule was to stop 180 people from standing on Trak's spawn point spamming javelins. It acknowledges the need for guilds to maintain a presence in order to communicate that an interesting target has spawned, while preventing entire raids from sitting and waiting.

If you can imagine 180 players from 4 guilds standing around for 8 hours waiting for Trak to spawn.. then Trak spawns and dies in 12 seconds.. that's what it used to be like before the recent raid policy. Now he dies in 12 minutes. a small improvement.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

Essentially this is a law that is on the books but it only gets enforced if the 'victim' chooses to press charges. The biggest problem is the fact that anyone who isn't currently regarded as Class C could be considered a victim if this scenario.

Honestly, until a Bob 2.0 rears its head I'd just go about doing your clears while the mob is Class R and in window if you're the slated rotation guild. Worst case scenario is 1 mob gets deleted and the rotation has to be shuffled slightly to account for the one guild that got suspended.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wasn't my intention, but it would be nice.
I meant Derub's post. It sounds like the server admins would prefer the lessened petition load they're currently enjoying from Class R versus what is being experienced during FFA and Class C engagements.

Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

Marshmallow Staypuffed, Pinoit, Pinot, Piia, Dahria, Freyja, Inaera, Naga, Bhut, Mata

Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
~Xegony
Last edited by Babayaaga; 04-08-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drktmplr12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its my understanding that the sole purpose of this rule was to stop 180 people from standing on Trak's spawn point spamming javelins. It acknowledges the need for guilds to maintain a presence in order to communicate that an interesting target has spawned, while preventing entire raids from sitting and waiting.

If you can imagine 180 players from 4 guilds standing around for 8 hours waiting for Trak to spawn.. then Trak spawns and dies in 12 seconds.. that's what it used to be like before the recent raid policy. Now he dies in 12 minutes. a small improvement.
This is a really good point IMHO, but I also think there's a big difference between a Plane and a regular zone like Seb. People are currently going to Fear and Hate for one reason. This may change when Velious comes out, however. Perhaps we need to look at a conditional provision? Again, I think Class R is the only tier that can work something like this out unless Class C can demonstrate more cooperative behaviour... so FFA and Class C cycles would be out for said provision.

Pinoit Pumpie, Elleyne
<Bregan D'Aerth>

Echofreya
<Black Lotus>

Formerly:
~Xegony
Last edited by Babayaaga; 04-08-2014 at 05:17 PM..
Closed Thread