Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 03:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never understood why anyone needs to be involved with RMT at all, if you want a pay to win model game go play one of them, but not here. Stop being lazy, you clearly didn't want the true EQ experience.
I sold two accounts back in the day.

Its classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nika - Enchanter
Old 03-25-2014, 05:28 AM
Banned

One time I paid 3$ for mithril arms and got a toon banned, just accept you broke the rules and either quit or just start playing a new toon.

I find leveling/grouping fun so I didn't really mind I mean it's like being mad you went to jail for stealing, you know when you did it it was against the rules.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:24 AM
Orc

Talking lol

The crazy part about this sting mission that they were doing is.... You just didnt help the RMT'ers, you now lost a lot of good people on your server.......I was thinking about it this morning, now prices of pp can fluctuate, people who are new and incoming to the server will just pay a larger unit price for platinum, your not going to stop those who are willing to pay to benefit themselves.. I mean now 1.50 for one k will go up to 2.50, lol RMT'ers or future RMT'ers are pattying you guys on the back now they will even bank more money at the end of the day..... Thanks guys well put
Old 03-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosen333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The crazy part about this sting mission that they were doing is.... You just didnt help the RMT'ers, you now lost a lot of good people on your server.......I was thinking about it this morning, now prices of pp can fluctuate, people who are new and incoming to the server will just pay a larger unit price for platinum, your not going to stop those who are willing to pay to benefit themselves.. I mean now 1.50 for one k will go up to 2.50, lol RMT'ers or future RMT'ers are pattying you guys on the back now they will even bank more money at the end of the day..... Thanks guys well put
You can remove supply, demand, or both. Supply goes down and price goes up. Demand goes down and price goes down. In this case they did both and I hope they to it again and again. If the staff does perhaps the business case for return on investment will not make it worth it. Perhaps losing the time and real money for buying will no longer be worth the consequences.

I do not judge the buyers. The allure has touched me as well. I haven't due to the thought of consequence. Said consequence has been made real.

Mission accomplished...

Keep at it.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Sarnak

Good players don't need to RMT, they actually play the game. How is hitting up the same, high valued items a sign that someone is a good player? Once you figure out a camp and tackle it with as few possible, you've accomplished something but nothing that someone else can't accomplish. These people aren't special, they're greedy and it makes them feel good to deny someone else and get more stuff. What they're doing is monopolizing that specific content, that's it. (Epic MQing...don't get me started) Sometimes I'm sure such camps are even empty because people simply want to play the game instead of just fill their coffers. (I know it's crazy right?) If they've accomplished anything it's just getting there first, over and over and abusing the 'passing off a camp' rules by gifting a camp to their buds who may not even be in the zone...rinse, repeat. (BTW, the server does not allow this, if you are confronted with it, Petition, if you choose to wait for a camp by being there, someone who is selling in EC is not going to be in front of you as stated by Uthgard on these forums)

My main toon used to be in raiding guilds and he has a pretty decent assortment of raid gear. When I found stuff I know a friend could use or really enjoy, I gave it to them. I didn't roll on it to sell it off. So many people I know need gear and it brings me joy to give them stuff I was lucky to find. I can appreciate that acquiring plat is what some people enjoy doing but such things tend to bore me, like raiding the same stuff for to long. All the raiding *we are awesome* talk *cough* TMO *cough* is well deserved. No other guild could possibly have more people without real lives than those guys and gals. Most of these people do not need to RMT. They are willing to chain batphones around their necks, get up at the crack of dawn to down a mob they've only done, what, 200 times? Wow, real exciting guys! (not really!)

The recent sting did hurt those who deserved to be hurt, at least to some degree. Not good players, not in any real sense of this server.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Planar Protector

Met a toxic as fuck level 20ish cleric with MQ'd epic in Kurn's a couple of months back. Pulled trains onto people, pissed most of the zone off...and if anything was said in ooc to him, "welcome to ignore, Soandso".

Hope he was one of the 400 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 08:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
getting your windows really tinted is against the law but soem poeple chose to do it anyway, does that make them scummy people?
Yes.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're a complete and utter fucking failure at life if the best thing you can do with a hundo is buy a fungi tunic on this server.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-25-2014, 08:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneysee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The moral indignation in these threads are hilarious. You're all playing on a reverse-engineered server! A company spent a lot of time and effort into making this game and you're getting all of this for free! So everyone playing this game is a "dirty whistle" as one fellow likes to repeatedly say. To the others who are just flabbergasted that people would pay money to get an edge or have more fun in a game are either naive or stupid. Take a basic economics course. Most problems come with two solutions, you can spend time or money. If I have more money than time then I will probably take advantage of this and do whatever I can to have more fun with the limited play time that I have.

Yes, it's against the rules, but it was questionable how well this was being enforced (this is not the case anymore). When I bought plat there were multiple websites selling every item in the game as well as large amounts of platinum. To a newbie this sent the message that RMT were being paid lip service rather than being strictly enforced. The only people who really suffered were the buyers. The sellers made all of their money and probably knew the ban was eventually coming.

Anyways, I'm kind of relieved that I was banned. I could feel myself getting sucked back into the Evercrack, a true testament to the work of the staff. Oh and to all the moral high grounders yes I know I'm a complete scumbag and everything I've done in my lifeless is worthless, and you're correct in assuming that my parents never loved me.
Dumbest post in a thread full of stupidity. Congrats! Sony doesn't even have the code for a classic EQ server anymore, this server isn't stepping on their toes - they even know about it. And Project 1999 is run by a small staff with limited time/resources. There is RMT in huge games like WoW that employ hundreds of people. Pretending that RMT was implicitly tolerated by the admins because there were many avenues to do it is ridiculous. But you already knew that. Good riddance.
Last edited by thefloydian; 03-25-2014 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Sarnak

Last edited by Swifty; 03-25-2014 at 10:54 AM..
Closed Thread