Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Planar Protector

What does go away have to do anything?

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 03-03-2014, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

So basically to sum the thread up... Once you win something in a group its time to head out because you have no reason to be there now.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Also, if you buy something you should never bother grouping where it drops if you want a chance at getting another.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by botagaK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not if it's lore. No.

Why would you want to anyway? There's only several thousand other drops to camp.
you're really closed minded aren't you...
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Banned

LOL PVE
Old 03-03-2014, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

They see me rollin', they hatin'
Old 03-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by botagaK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not being a greedy bastard and being bothhered by these disgusting attempts to justify monopolies makes one closed minded. Noted.

I'd hate to find out what you think about teddy Roosevelt though.
great president and irrelevant to the act of looting in a video game. your sad generalization is humorous
Old 03-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

If someone wants shitty rep in trade for an item then let them.

Thankfully this is a game where reputation tends to matter a good amount and karma works pretty efficiently. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On the topic of lore, if you are expecting to get another drop then why wouldn't you just be prepared for another drop already? Nobody would even know right? Whether this is right or wrong, I would think you should be ready for it especially if you feel strongly that you should be able to get another lore item. Clearly anyone wanting to stay grouping and on the good side of the group wouldn't just tell them to wait a minute while you kill yourself and loot a second one or come back on another toon. (well maybe I'm wrong here.)

Yeah?
Old 03-04-2014, 12:44 AM
Aviak

Not sure how many of these people actually group regularly in higher level areas, but I've never seen a single person complain about someone else rolling on lore items they already have. None. Zero. Seems to be the minority bitching very loudly.

Scenario:

You need an enchanter/cleric/tank for your group. There's 3 of whichever LFG. You tell them you won't let them roll on a cloak/haste item/fungi/etc if they already own one. You'd rather sit there looking for a cleric/chanter/tank for 2-3 hours before giving up rather than grabbing one of them? Good luck being productive in any way.

Your group would probably rather abandon you and join the others LFG than stick around and wait for your common sense to kick in. Last I checked, having a 1/6 chance of winning POSSIBLE loot is still preferable to having no chance at all. You going tell that tank with Fungi to come to king group and tank for you only if he doesn't roll on Fungi if it drops? Good luck with that. And don't try saying you can always grab another person that thinks like you, because sometimes it's hard enough to get ANY one of the class you might need.

Also, what's your opinion on Torpor? What if a shaman that already has it decides to roll on it when it drops?
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Exclamation

The other night in Sol B, someone's 'Twink Alt' insisted on rolling (on of all things an RMB) while the rest of the group wanted to award it to the obvious 'noob druid' in the group. (the only one who NEEDED it.) Yeah, of course 'Twink boy' got his way and ended up winning the RMB over the noob. :/ - Couldn't even equip the item as he was a caster. Wouldn't be surprised if you're the OP. -- Regardless of what you think about this greed before need situation, the fact is that this type of demeanor is not only acceptable on this server, it's encouraged. I encourage YOU the reader, to be the change, and take a different approach that empowers others, whatever that might be.

--- This server is overexploited. It's greedy, self-serving, and excludes people constantly (from groups, camps, loots, zones, mobs, owning particular necessary spells and quest pieces by farming them, or putting an outrageous price on them). Please Stop. We know your p lvlz and plat business are important, but playing the game as intended is important to many as well.
I wish my fellow P99'rs here would stop being the bunch of greedy f*cks that we are, and start showing people some love, generosity, and choose quality over quantity when it comes to EXP, EXP groups, and plat sometimes. - Especially to those that come here without friends on the server to help them out, or a desire to partake in RMT. AKA noobs. - If you're going to farm something solo, why not make it interesting and let the group of noobs that's dying for that camp or 'that' item join in on the fun, or at least have a heads up roll if loot should drop. Let's give people a chance to experience the Magic of Everquest we all fell in love with. That's why we are here. When you give a little love, it does come back to you in one way or another. Whether you agree with my opinions or not, i hope you understand where i'm coming from. This server could be so much better if we put fourth the effort, and throw the 'ring of power' in to mount doom. For Middle Earth, and Norrath alike. Thanks for reading.

p.s. I'll never forget the Nec that helped us retrieve our corpses from Efreeti, the Barb War that randomly gave me a Master Wu's Trance Stick at level 4, the countless druid ports when i didn't have any plat on me, the random clicky res's, and when that one guy finally decided it was okay for my SK friend to join the group even though he was "going to ruin the good exp". Thank you guys!! You make eq a better place. You bring people together. That's how you make a difference!
Closed Thread