Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Banned

Default Sullon Zek Sunday

Last Sunday of every the month flag the entire server for no rules pvp for 24 hours.

It won't effect raids because if you know some guild is gunning for you, You wont raid on that day!

It is in advance so people can plan and be prepared but it isnt an all the time thing so people don't get griefed. Hell if your so adverse to pvp you can not even log on!

I also think it will calm down the player base and give them an outlet to settle personal grievences and/or guild drama.

This is just a rough draft that pop'd into my mind it could be turned into 100 different things

like a +-10 lvl range
Can't attack own guild members
Coin loot only/no looting at all.
need to be 6+ to engage in pvp (no looting of lvl 5 EC trader bots)

Every week I see at least 1 pvp post a week on the boards and instead of having our devs waste devolopment/gm time making a new pvp server/guildwar mechanic make it one day a month where people can let lose and have fun.

As a long Time Sullon Zek player and a long time VZ/TZ emu player I can tell you Everquest and to a greater extent EMU servers are far from hackproof. I think it is impossible to have a full time pvp server in this game due to all the undetectible hacking that would go on. You would need a full time GM in every zone to stop that and the population suffers when hackers drive out honest players. As a monthly fun pvp day I doubt many people would take the time to compile and load up MQ features such as gm speed warp etc and would engage in a honest battle.

Anyways My name is Tiggles Von'Iggles and I support Sullon Zek Sunday!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Kobold

I have absolutely zero interest in PVP on EQ. That would cut my playtime almost in half. If I want to play PvP, I'll play a game designed for PvP.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveguard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have absolutely zero interest in PVP on EQ. That would cut my playtime almost in half. If I want to play PvP, I'll play a game designed for PvP.

So you only play two days a month? and one of those days is always the last sunday of the month?

Or did you not read anything and just post instead?
Old 09-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Kobold

Sorry... in half for that week. I had edited that and left a line out that would have clarified a bit. Not relevant anyway. I wouldn't be in favor of a PvP switch if it were only one hour a month. Arena and /duel are there for a reason. Most people don't sign up with the Priest of Discord for a reason. Zero interest here and it would tick me off if I wanted to play and PvP were turned on server-wide.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah, not into it, not even with the given restrictions. I'd be fine with the devs releasing a PVP server, as this server is arguably getting a little crowded in proportion to the amount of content released (although, I'd be interested in seeing some numbers for what populations classic live servers had), as long as it didn't make GMs and devs unavailable to help the main server to a reasonable extent, but it seems like there isn't enough staff to make that work right now. Never been a PVP guy for EQ anyway.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Aviak

PvP brings cheaters. Cheaters make servers die.

More importantly, I'm guessing the reason you want a forced PvP day is so that you can grief people who don't want to PvP, otherwise why would you need server support? Just tell everyone to turn their book in on that day.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:34 PM
Large Bat

I played Vallon Zek pvp from classic til they merged the servers into "Zek". No thanks :P
Old 09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Aviak

What *would* be fun is a "rollback day" where mass pvp was enabled, mobs everywhere dropped insane god loot, etc etc. Then at 12:01am it rolls back 24 hours.

Last day before Kunark anyone?...
Old 09-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Orc

I too played Rallos for several years and Sullon for a few months when it first opened and will have to go with the rest of the replies here and say that the idea is pretty bad.

It's not that pvp created some terrible environment or anything like that, I actually quite enjoyed the player base of Rallos and even Sullon before MQ became widespread. If you want a taste of what pvp is now in EQ, feel free to pay for a month of live and log into Zek (If the server even exists, last I heard a few months ago, they were looking to merge it into another blue server). No one gets into a pvp conflict without a massive rage about who is using hacks regardless if anyone is even doing so. I remember a guy putting it rather eloquently in general chat on Zek once, "Using hacks means that you won the fight".

To say that this would reduce stress is laughable, far too many people take this game too seriously for that to be true. Did you seriously have more than a handful of people you pk give you some sort of positive response? Don't get me wrong, I saw a small minority of people act like grown ups and be cool about it - most everyone else reverted to derogatory statements, in game threats to log on their alts or even quite a few death threats, for myself and most of the people I knew that would actively pvp, this was a big part of the fun. You know as well as I, or anyone else who played pvp, that pvp was the single largest reason for drama on these servers. Personally, I loved it - the vast majority of the server that doesn't have a character on tz/vz will probably hate it and I know the GMs handling the crying petitions will hate it.

I really can't think of a single compelling reason that this should be added.

I guess when it comes down to it, the single, most stand out reason against this is the fact that it is really in no way classic. We already have arenas, we have duels, we have consensual pvp. There is no reason to implement a feature that existed on special rule set (and lowest populated) servers.

PS. I think your bashin' iggles friends accounted for a good 10-15% of my enchanter on Sullon's experience from me memblurring their mobs and KSing them whenever they'd come in with their stupid "Iggles Iggles Iggles" mantra.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Fire Giant

Fuck no. Next question.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Closed Thread