Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If people took responsibility for themselves the world would be a fuckload better. But as we all know we are living in a welfare-mentality world where people can just get taken care of by others instead of doing it themselves.
Fuck man, ur totally right. Thank you for opening my eyes. If people would just stop dropping their goddamn phones everywhere the world would be a much better place!

Did your mother drink heavily while you were still in the womb? Legit inquiry.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Kobold

Loving the mentality that some people are on welfare, so that gives you the right to steal everyone's shit.

Scumbag logic, yall.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Planar Protector

I was implying that every individual is responsible for themselves and that the world would be such a better place to live if everyone took care of themselves and their own shit using that example.

Do you think it is anyone elses responsibilty to keep track of your belongings? If you are careless and lose something of value to you which is subsequently found by someone else, in my opinion, that's your loss.

I don't understand how some people can disagree with this without admitting.that they are unable to take care of themselves and require a babysitter to hold their hand through life.

Man I tell you what, you guys should be grateful you were born in developed nations instead of places where you would have to fight for a living, food, a place to live, because with that kind of attitude you would starve to death before your neighbor would offer you a bread crumb. If you had any sense of responsibility or pride you would agree that every person is responsible for their own life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. If you don't care enough to take care of your own life and belongings, you don't deserve either.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Kobold

So if I don't steal other people's shit, I "require a babysitter to hold my hand through life"? No, fuck you.

Some people fuck up sometimes. I'm sure you have as well. That doesn't mean you have the right to take advantage of them. Fuck off with that shit.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:29 AM
Kobold

Did you ever think that maybe the person who lost their phone has more responsibilities than you, and more shit on their mind than spending 6 hours a day on the emulated elf simulator forums bitching about who took whose dragons this week?
Old 12-07-2013, 04:39 AM
Fire Giant

So finding a random iPhone these days is considered stolen? Even in the shitter in an airport for example? I wasn't with him, but I know him very well and when he says he found a random phone I believe him. As for returning it, well, I wouldn't have taken it if he said he had stolen it. If it is marked as stolen then I am sure the owner would receive a new phone. In that case, I would just sell it for parts I suppose, that is if I don't just give it back to him. Not like I paid anything for it.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker000 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I don't steal other people's shit, I "require a babysitter to hold my hand through life"? No, fuck you.

Some people fuck up sometimes. I'm sure you have as well. That doesn't mean you have the right to take advantage of them. Fuck off with that shit.

That's not what I said really. I meant more so that if you're incapable of keeping track of your cellphone then you can't blame the thief who takes it. It was your responsibility to keep your belongings safe and no one elses, to try and blame others for your irresponsibility is a cowardly thing to do. Its a very ugly character flaw to expect others to live your life for you.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-07-2013, 04:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said I condoned being a piece of shit or did I say thievery was a noble thing.
I just believe that people who pass their individual responsibility onto others by doing things such as dropping a phone, cash, being careless in general or other dumb shit, don't deserve to be helped. I would rather help/ look out for someone who helps /looks out for themselves. If I drop my phone somewhere (wouldn't because I'm not careless, dumb, or irresponsible) I wouldn't blame someone for stealing it, because it was MY FAULT they were able to in the first place.

I just can't stand this bullshit idea in peoples head that people aren't themselves (and absolutely no one else) responsible for their life, belongings, and actions. If someone drops 100 dollars because they are careless, oblivious, and like most people walk through their day as a zombie...that is their own fault...not the next person who found it blowing in the wind.

If people took responsibility for themselves the world would be a fuckload better. But as we all know we are living in a welfare-mentality world where people can just get taken care of by others instead of doing it themselves.
Yous dumb.

Stupidity deserves to be punished, amiright? It's one thing to consider negative consequences of stupidity not being worthy of pity but it's quite another thing to think it should be punished.

Forgetting something or being distracted =/ stupidity.

Stop being a cunt and the OP should return the phone.

This is why the Black Plague needs to make a return.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
That's not what I said really. I meant more so that if you're incapable of keeping track of your cellphone then you can't blame the thief who takes it. It was your responsibility to keep your belongings safe and no one elses, to try and blame others for your irresponsibility is a cowardly thing to do. Its a very ugly character flaw to expect others to live your life for you.
You know what else is cowardly and a very ugly character flaw? Condoning theft of property.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big shock the FE member condones being a piece if shit.

And OP what make and model is it?

First thing you need to do is remove the sim.
Model is A1332, working on finding out how to wipe it. Never been an iphone user.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Closed Thread