Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

wtb teams99, wts petty redthreds
Old 11-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyGlue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agatha joining nihilum had nothing to do with me being outed the same day lol .. Hard to believe . Also I do have another toon I your guild . A cleric to be exact... Also your telling me Korbell plagues Manila and other melee all have drivers + meny more all have drivers ?
Ya bros everybody got their alts in nilly. I got a chaner in there
Old 11-28-2013, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Nihilum afraid of people boxing and killing a mob they can't lock down. This server is shit
Old 11-28-2013, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Boxing is just gonna make lvl 60 fully buffed melee's running around fully buffed with chanter, shaman, cleric, buffs, and without wands and insta dispels now there is no way to dispell a person with 2 clickys unless your a chanter. You are gonna have people following them around on lvl 50 clerics CHing, ur gonna have oor bards following people around, you're gonna have twinks logging in their high lvl to buff them before they go grief noobs with thorns and regen and every other buff out there. I dont think boxing would be good. The only thing i see a reason to make boxing legal is to help melee's sub 51 lvl up, nothing else but grief for the rest.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Banned

lol
Old 11-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Not_Kazowi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing is just gonna make lvl 60 fully buffed melee's running around fully buffed with chanter, shaman, cleric, buffs, and without wands and insta dispels now there is no way to dispell a person with 2 clickys unless your a chanter. You are gonna have people following them around on lvl 50 clerics CHing, ur gonna have oor bards following people around, you're gonna have twinks logging in their high lvl to buff them before they go grief noobs with thorns and regen and every other buff out there. I dont think boxing would be good. The only thing i see a reason to make boxing legal is to help melee's sub 51 lvl up, nothing else but grief for the rest.
In theory, sure those are legitimate concerns. In reality, it's not that bad. If you are halfway decent at Everquest then you can counter balance buff bots and oor healers. It's not that difficult.

This server is completely controlled by one guild of dudes that play Everquest more than anyone I have seen before. They get off seeing NO one else kill any other mobs.

You guys can all ride my dick, but I've seen both sides of it now and I needed it to attain illumination. Boxing would give people who can't play as much or don't have a large pool of friends, a chance to slay boss mobs and do epic pieces in order to compete.
Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This server is completely controlled by one guild of dudes that play Everquest more than anyone I have seen before.
I know its fuckin nuts, dudes aint seen the sun in years
Old 11-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

I'll say it again. Boxing isn't needed really for the end game population, although it may help, as much as it is desperately needed for the level 1-59 population. If you're a melee or a solo cleric trying to get a group good luck. There's almost no one in your level range to group with, then add on top of that guild alliances, the fact that everyone is basically a random PK on this server, the 8 level range for PVP, etc., and leveling as a non solo class is brutal and demoralizing, and frankly as we see by the server pop, not worth the time and effort for the vast majority of people. How many groups never happen because there was no Tank or no CC'er or no Cleric, or die because the only one has to leave 15 minutes in? Or never start because the cleric is on Kunark and tank on Antonica and there's no one to port? The level 60's [who mostly were PL'ed or leveled during classic when 300 people were playing, or leveled solo when pop was double digits and threat of PVP was nill, or leveled during the infamous 2 week kunark exp bonus], all say "suck it up." Well my friends, sucking it up has lead to stagnant pop growth.

The red herrings thrown out there to counter boxing are "it leads to 3rd party programs." The people likely to cheat to that extreme to use 3rd party programs prolly ALREADY are boxing and using said 3rd party programs, I doubt these nefarious individuals are on the sidelines not using VPN's and what not, just waiting for the green light for boxing.

The other argument I hear is that everyone will be buffed for pvp. Ok? So? Sounds like there might be a lot more PVP, which should be a good thing. And let's be real, most people AREN'T going to be buffed to the tits, people will be using this for EXP, and when people are in exp groups they get lazy. They aren't checking /who as often as they should, they don't have lev in the last slot, they don't have all their resist buffs up, they are chillin and chattin it up watchin dat yellow bar move assuming there's no hybrids in the group. In the case of gank squads, they already have those classes and are already rollin with buffs. Let's be real, most pvp encounters are decided before the engage even occurs solely on the basis of level / numbers / and class make up. Buffs are rarely the deciding factor.

The last thing I see thrown out there is that people would use this for raiding. Well, yes, of course they would, and that's a POSITIVE. Nihilum should be BEGGING for this, because if the ALLEGED velious beta going on, where ALLEGEDLY, TMO is struggling with 60+ against Dain [an easier Velious raid mob] is accurate, then you're going to need double digit clerics on raids, on a box that doesn't break 200 pop [even when it said 195 or what not the other day, the actual who all count in game was 158ish]. This forces guilds like Nihilum to recruit everyone with a pulse, even known scammers / RMTers / hackers / boxers, in order to have enough people to down content. If you could box a cleric instead, you could tighten recruiting restrictions, allow more guilds to pop up, allow people to play with people they actually like, and there would be more competition. The vast majority of people are awful at boxing in pvp, and their boxes would get insta gib raped in PVP.

The final argument I see is boxing forces everyone to box. I played on LoZ. I only boxed to port myself then logged the porter immediately off. I didn't enjoy boxing. It wasn't detrimental in any shape, way, or form to me. I still had a fun time during the peak of that server. I never felt required to box in order to compete.

The worst part is, that much like the apt analogy of weed, it doesn't really harm anyone, it's not a gateway drug to other abuses like people claim, and it goes relatively unpunished unless you're a moran. So the ban on boxing only hurts those who are either moran's [like the recent post by obvious 2 boxer], and those who obey the rules, while those who don't care get huge advantages.
Last edited by heartbrand; 11-28-2013 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

I dream of a box where no guild is big enough to down top end content
Closed Thread