Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2023, 05:44 PM
Banned

The grey area is hate speech and everyone knows it heh

Grey as in, hate speech is sometimes incorrectly meaning “speech I hate hearing”….but never from you fine lads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-09-2023, 05:54 PM
Banned

I'm still waiting for someone to actually figure out my politics given I've been attacked by the full spectrum of political folks from every angle. I thought Sadre might get it and he's closest so far, Lune 2nd closest. No cigar yet though. We'll see. Also no prizes.

Joking of course. Not everyone fits into neat boxes.

As far as the rules saying "hate speech, disguised or not" that implies a strict interpretation. The mods enforcement is much looser. Take from that what you will. But essentially the enforcers define what it is without it actually being written anywhere. This makes it different then as stated in the rules.
Old 10-09-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a chinese athlete attain the same level of performance as an african american?
Show me the Asian Lebron James. Show me the Asian sprinters competing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can a white european attain the same level of academic success as say a chinese student?
Academic success is not at all what I'm referring to. If you've ever worked with a Chinese Engineer vs an American Engineer then you know what I'm talking about. The Chinese Engineer will DOMINATE the American when it comes to grinding out spelled out tasks. Ask that same Chinese Engineer to provide a creative solution to an issue and the American will be the tool you need. There is nothing wrong with this, there is no pro or con. Neither is better or worse. I'm not saying that so stop saying I am.

Quote:
Can that same black family produce a nobel laureate?
Of course, the interesting thing about the African genetics is that their bell curve of IQ is shifted left. But they produce a lot of VERY high IQ individuals per capita.

Again, I'm not assigning lesser to any of these distinctions. The ones commenting and calling me racist are doing so for talking about our differences and our strengths. They want to push an NPC world of greys where we all are the same. A reality that anyone not completely brainwashed knows isn't reality.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:11 PM
Banned

Where there is Yao Ming. But without getting into all the rest of the questions.

individual variability > group variability

As in individualized traits will stand out far more than any kind of genetic 'group' trait that you might be predisposed to.

Anyone who has kids finds this out the hard way.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where there is Yao Ming. But without getting into all the rest of the questions.
Are you saying Yao Ming is as athletic as Lebron?
Old 10-09-2023, 07:14 PM
Banned

You have missed my point sir.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have missed my point sir.
So you think I'm saying ALL Race X have Y trait. So you cite Yao Ming as your example that refute this claim you've fabricated?

If I've missed the point, spell it out.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:37 PM
Banned

You asked for a basketball champion that is asian. I gave one. Is Yao a goat like Lebron? Maybe not but only a handful of players ever in the world (dead people) are considered at Lebron's level. Is Yao the best in China - without a doubt. He traveled to a different continent to play.

I haven't said what I think you're saying. I made a claim about the well known established fact that individual variability > group variability. It's been studied. The best way for a regular person to see this is noticing the differences in a handful of kids with the same parents. So parents with more then one kid will noticed tremendous differences despite similar genetics.

I get where you are coming from with the Bell Curve by Herrnstein/Murray. Group variability is a thing for sure. And regular people will take small samples of different races and then sometimes scale that impression up to a whole people. It typically is a limited sample that isn't representative of the whole group though.

Murray's research is fascinating. Currently it's a bit taboo and harder to find than it once was. Not many experiments are being done at this time on it at this time. Scientists are currently weary of studying group differences and variability because they are worried their research will be misinterpreted by the public. Maybe that will change in the future and the research on this will continue.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I never said give me a "basketball champion" lol

Give me your lunch money, nerd.
Old 10-09-2023, 07:40 PM
Banned

Fight me for it pussy