Kobold

Your server exists here:

http://www.kpemu.com/index.php
Old 01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

odamn
Old 01-30-2014, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

I used to be in support of boxing here. I love boxing. I boxed whenever I went back to EQ post-POP. I boxed in FFXI. I've boxed in multiple other f2p MMOs. I'll likely box Pantheon if I play it.

Why I don't support it here or on a new blue? Once stagnation hits then it just crowds out any new comers because people will be able to solo (person) camp all of the most valuable areas. Eventually the population withers and the whole thing dies.

Actively developed MMOs should never reach stagnation, or at least not stay in stagnation long, because they're actively being worked on to sate the appetites of those people, that's just not going to happen on this project.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Large Rat

Only read the title, but we can't have boxing here. We all know that boxing can just destroy EverQuest servers. It starts with people getting mad at each other, then hitting each other really hard. Usually they stop hitting each other after a while, but at some point someone will break the rules and bite someone's ear off. Before you know it, everyone on the server thinks they're Mike Tyson. This is why we cannot promote boxing. We should keep boxing limited to places like Madison Square Garden and MGM Grand.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Once you have boxing eventually someone will box the already limited raid content and people will leave the server.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwideon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you have boxing eventually someone will box the already limited raid content and people will leave the server.
But if you take away boxing, only outlaws will have box

Or something

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Large Rat

You could do what I did instead of boxing. I made my wife start playing with me. She hates EQ and has hated it since I started playing in original. She literally puts me on autofollow and watches tv and occasionally fires off the macro i set up for her to cast her nuke. It's kind of like being really bad at boxing.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy0818 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have a majority of people who are strictly against boxing for valid reasons, it is the server rule, and it is probably something that will never be changed on the original server.

But why not create another pve/pvp server that is 2 or 3 boxing friendly? You do have a relatively high number of people who are unhappy on the forum that boxing is not allowed on the server. It would probably require a lot less man power to regulate (probably just need 1/5 of the GMs only for the purpose of mainly exploits of bugs and other 'illegal' activities) The server could definitely serve as an experimental tool, watching the economy, playing pattern, population, and perhaps to decline (if what everyone claiming that boxing ruined everquest was true)

I tried searching for this topic but without avail, most of the 'boxing' topic was some sort of plea to allow boxing for certain reasons or on pvp servers.
Shut your whore mouth!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

I am not for lowing our server pop. Is it really that big of a deal? It's just counter-productive for the server and I think people should finally just get over it to be honest. We are lucky we have people paying their own money and little donations to run 2 as it is. They don't have disposable income to throw out server after server. Everything should be focused on the ones we have IMO. You could also go play SoD if you want to box or find another emu.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Aviak

Thank you all for the reply, so I guess the summary is:

- Don't want the resources to get split to something else, but PVP server is an exception where it is still a welcomed alternative regardless that it could be less populated than a boxing server

- There is enough temptation for a lot of people on the original server that temporary or permanent migration will really shake down the population

- General population would rather have the people 'on the border' to either play with no boxing rule, or go play something else, but don't want something in the middle to exist as it would lead to above two points

Quote:
I used to be in support of boxing here. I love boxing. I boxed whenever I went back to EQ post-POP. I boxed in FFXI. I've boxed in multiple other f2p MMOs. I'll likely box Pantheon if I play it.

Why I don't support it here or on a new blue? Once stagnation hits then it just crowds out any new comers because people will be able to solo (person) camp all of the most valuable areas. Eventually the population withers and the whole thing dies.

Actively developed MMOs should never reach stagnation, or at least not stay in stagnation long, because they're actively being worked on to sate the appetites of those people, that's just not going to happen on this project.
- Thank you baalzy, this is probably the explanation I was looking for
Closed Thread