Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2024, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should be using a macro that turns off attack before casting FD if this is happening to you. This is a newb mistake.
I understand you need to turn autoattack off. I said so earlier in the thread lol.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn't apply to your situation, but if you are actively autoattacking a mob when you FD, that can cause FD to fail as well. You need to turn autoattack off before attempting to FD.
=====================

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Moreover, the 'fallen to the ground' message is extremely important for doing any sort of challenging content with an FD class. You should have a gina trigger set up to catch it. There's no time to /con before standing when you have level 60 mobs chasing you.
I used the situation of FD failing due to autoattacking as an example of when the message doesn't appear. This means there are situations where the "fallen to the ground" message does not appear, even when FD fails. This makes the message unreliable.

You can macro /con lol, you have time. If you have a macro that turns off auto attack, just add /con to it with a slight delay so it occurs after FD happens. I've never had a problem using /con, even in difficult encounters. I use it all the time. The only mistake is using an unreliable message on a gina trigger. Use the /con instead. It is 100% reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given FD failure is in the 5-10% range, your personal anecdata really just reflects how little you leverage feign death.
The lack of messages in my logs comes from the unreliability of the message, not my lack of FD use.

In 4 years worth of logs, I have cast Feign Death (Spell, BE Greaves, or Death Peace) 3221 times, and I have gotten the "Bazgek has fallen to the ground" message 70 times. That means the message is appearing 2% of the time, roughly speaking.

You are making yourself look silly here by trying to attack me for no reason.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-17-2024 at 03:37 PM..