Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2024, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said the JBB shaman had to be at 100% health.
You did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "last bit of HP" you are glossing over is actually more than half of the hp you lost. If you were to pull immediately at the end of each 180 second fight, you'd be losing close to 300 health per fight ... fight after fight. Remember, we're soloing here so this doesn't mean that you are at 100% health and 100% mana at the start of every fight and refusing to pull until you are again 100/100. You could start each fight at 90% ... or 80% health/mana. We're xp grinding here, not soloing WW dragons.

How long is the actual recover time to the "break even" point?
Ogre with JBB = 232 seconds.
Troll/iksar letting pet tank = 188 seconds (won't dispute that - same exact numbers I found)
Quote:
JBB shaman:
17 dps pet + 32.875 dps JBB (50dps)
Fight takes 140 seconds
Mob does 1400damage to the shaman
Shaman regenerated 920 health over 140 seconds
Fight ends with shaman at a net negative 480hp
It will take 72 seconds to regen the lost hp and will recover 240 mana during that time.
"232" seconds of recovery time doesn't make sense in the first quote, when looking at the second quote you were referencing.

1. 140 seconds + 72 seconds = 212 seconds.

2. 1400 - 920 = 480 HP. 12 ticks (72 seconds) of recovery at 33 HP/Tick = 396 HP. The Shaman would be down 84 HP at this point.

3. To get the "232" seconds, you would need to add 3 ticks of recovery time to 212 seconds to make up the full 480 HP. This means you are assuming the JBB Shaman has to be at 100% when calculating recovery times, while simultaneously claiming Shaman's don't have to be at 100% HP.

Now, your 212 second number is still wrong, which I have shown repeatedly. The JBB Shaman is also clearing the encounter in 188 seconds when you aren't including specialization or Regrowth + Haste upkeep on both the Iksar and Ogre. Including them increases the Iksar's time too. But you did indeed attempt to pad recovery time. As I said, grasping at straws.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-28-2024 at 04:45 PM..