Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2023, 11:42 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know this thread just got necroed but I didn't notice this post before and this is correct.

RNG guarantees you cannot have every single mob in a camp down immediately upon spawn 100% of the time if it's even remotely a challenging camp. This would be a totally ridiculous standard to require of people and a nightmare for gms to enforce.

I think a sensible rule is: If a camp contains say 10 mobs, you have to clear them and be able to kill the first respawn within a couple minutes of it spawning. If you can't maintain that rough schedule and somebody more capable wants the camp, you should move on.

But rabid hyper focusing on whether somebody is perfectly min\maxing a camp so you can slip in and snipe it when they fumble for two seconds is retarded.
Agreed with this. The "spirit" of the law states this. Hey, this group is breaking in, and/or medding between kills at a camp? I'll move along. However, I've been ruled against via the "letter" of the law. GM told me because my group hadn't broken into the camp successfully yet (Despite clearing 1/2 the spawns in the camp, pulling them right outside), that the group of <Guild Name Redacted> including their guildleader "Redacted" was "legally" allowed to leapfrog us, and set up in the camp we were actively trying to break into. Because we did not "Establish and maintain a clear presence"

Of course I wish people would play nice. But this was, after all <Guild Name Redacted> and their guild leader, "Redacted" is known for being a coward that caps out of BoTB when he's about to lose.