Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, on a single parse a Shaman can do higher DPS too. This encounter is 21 seconds, so a Shaman could do 2x Ice Strikes and a Winter's Roar in 21 seconds.

That is ((675 x 2) + 263 / 21) = 76 DPS. With pet that is a total of 94 DPS.

The math really isn't hard here. The difference is only 25 DPS in that case, and you are not averaging 4 procs per encounter, so the number is lower on average.
Cool I could have lobbed 3x 825 nukes … except it would have been dead before I could land the third at a 6 second cast cause it would have been dead in under 15 seconds.

825 x 2 divided by 15 = 110dps plus my 56 dps mage is 166 dps.

If it did live 18 seconds that’s 825 x3 divided by 18 = 137.5 dps plus my 56dps pet = 193.5 dps.

See? I can napkin math too!

This is why napkin math sucks. Real gameplay doesn’t work out that way. Can you chain nuke? Yep. But you’re going to run your mana dry or spend more time casting cannibalize and torporing yourself than nuking. Your functional/actual dps will be garbage over the long haul unless there’s a lot of down time. If there’s a lot of down time for you, there would be for the mage as well and downtime favors the mage more than the shaman.

We have already established mages can lay down serious damage if not constrained by mana. Far superior to what a shaman can manage.

This is why we have more or less begged you to get out there in a fast paced group and prove it.

But you won’t.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 09-06-2022 at 03:01 PM..