Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2022, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Now consider this:

As far as we know, charm itself had no fundamental changes from its inception right up to the point where it got nerfed around GoD. How is it exactly that something that was too risky and not worth using all of a sudden is considered way too powerful?

Keep in mind also, that by this point in EQ’s timeline, a caster in cloth was lucky to survive one round of NPC melee. The gap in power between an NPC and a player continued to widen as the game matured. The risk of charming was actually increasing.

So since we are talking about facts, help me understand how charm, which remained pretty much the same over those years, all of a sudden was too powerful to keep as is? What exactly changed in those years?

It was hardware, internet, and general knowledge of the game that changed. It is a fact that these things took exponential leaps over the years. They became the norm rather than the exception. But I really am asking this question too. Something about charm itself may have actually been changed to suddenly make it OP that nobody has found or mentioned. I’m willing to concede when I’m wrong, and if someone can find some evidence of this it would go a long way towards this discussion.