Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2020, 05:01 AM
Large Rat

Default A word of appreciation

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to thank Calamitous Intent and specifically Cerate (50 enchanter) and Hoosure (50 druid) for their generosity and willingness to help others in need.

I've been trying to camp the fierce impaler at Kedge entrance for the Darksea Harpoon on and off with no luck. Tonight he finally spawned but I got caught off guard with some bad timing on repops and while I've managed to land slow and envenomed bolt on him, I had to zone due to low health, after rooting him to hold him by the entrance while the adds would reset.

As I swam just outside the instance recovering some hp/mana I noticed folks zoning in before I could say anything or warn them. I zoned back in to find Cerate and Hoosure at Kedge entrance, the fierce impaler was still there in the same spot, my e bolt had worn him down some but he had regenerated back some health as well and was very pissed off. Cerate was holding him with mezz while Hoosure backed him up with root and heals. I was still low from the previous encounter and while dismayed had no choice but to admit to the newcomers that he's open game. Cerate and Hoosure proceeded to take him down as I stood by the sideline, only offering my assistance to slow him to ensure he won't tear through his new adversaries.

I congratulated Cerate and Hoosure on whichever loot dropped for them, and much to my shock, Cerate swam up and after inspecting me, offered the Darksea Harpoon to me, completely free of charge. I was stunned with disbelieve and couldn't hit the trade button for couple of minutes. I had to ask him if he was being serious. He was. I was overwhelmed by his and Hoosure's generosity. They had taken down the rare named mob fair and square and had every right to claim the loot, but they were kind enough to GIVE the prized drop to me w/o a second thought. I offered my current weapon - a gloomwater harpoon to Cerate as a small token of my appreciation in return for his kindness, but he declined, citing no need for the weapon.

This was a special moment for me as the recipient of such a generous gift. The harpoon is by no means a cheap item as some of you may know, but its worth notwithstanding the generosity displayed here was definitely worth mentioning, and it made me very happy to say the least. Thank you Cerate, Hoosure and Calamitous Intent (your action belies your guild name as the act of giving was anything but calamitous). I will wield this gift with pride and when the time comes to replace it I will happily seek you out to return it so you may do as you please since it was by right yours to begin with. Thank you for reminding me, and anyone else who may be reading this, one of the best reasons why we play this game.

Blazebringer Spiritwolf
50 Shaman