Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see that, but you haven't addressed my question... which is: how is this list any worse for a "common player" which you assert this list shuts out of the running.

You seem to be saying two things... that the list is bad because it allows people to do other things while remaining on it, but also that that somehow makes it so that the "common player" cannot get their RotA. I simply don't see how those two statements are compatible. I see the opposite... the list allows someone who would otherwise be completely shut out to have a small chance of being on at the right time with the right amount of time to be able to get a spawn.

At the very least, it's a wash:

No list - you show up and wait for as long as you can hoping to both get the camp and the spawn.

List - you get put on the list and hope that your turn comes up when you are on and have time.

Will the "list" be as long if there were no list? Absolutely not. Would it change anything for someone who only has a few hours a day to play? Again, no...not in any good way.

Barring other concerns (like when you can play), the only difference is that the list allows someone to play other aspects of the game while waiting for their turn at the camp. Go ahead and complain that the list allows that, but don't pretend that the list makes it worse for the "common player".
I'll simplify it for you: on blue, it took a night of playing EQ and checking in on the AC every now and then to get the camp, usually on off hours but not always. On green, you add yourself to a list of over 100 people who either aren't playing EQ at the moment or just added themselves for the hell of it because they don't have to put in any effort at all for an automatic 6,000 plat MQ oppo, in turn forcing everyone who actually needs boots have to wait days or weeks because auto-pilot farmers feel entitled to make their next withdrawal.