Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Orc

Default Perspective

I just wanted to give my perspective on this whole 'Ronin members having a meltdown because Sanctuary has joint raided with Apex' thing. Since coming back to this server I have remained very pro resistance and have taken Ronin's side in a lot of discussions that have gone on within the guild. The problem is due to some decisions made by Ronin leadership, I very well may be the only one left who is pro Ronin, hereafter "Pronin".

After the fantastic and fun 50v50 showing in Kael, which was predicated on Tune's decision to go "all out grief or whatever" on sanctuary leveling groups, Sanctuary had some decisions to make. Would we continue our alliance with Ronin? Would we merge with Ronin? What we decided was to use our cooperation with Ronin in the 50v50 to send a message to Apex that if you mess with us, we can mess with you too, and accordingly Apex leadership accepted our terms for peace (no merge with ronin, if we coordinate with Ronin on targets we will get pvp'ed but they wont Apex wont have a meltdown over it like they did last time, and Apex will stop trying their best to grief our lowbie groups into the dirt).

Swathe and others communicated to Ronin that we still enjoy playing with them, and that a full merger-alliance would likely result in a bad time for some of our lower lvl members and we needed some time to build them up into big boy red players. To my knowledge people such as Metroid and Gardur agreed that this was an understandable decision. Other people in Ronin, presumably upset that they didnt get a bunch of free members in a merger, lost their shit and cried in ooc on newly created characters with comical names.

Thats all fine and dandy, and so is the occasional to frequent pvp we experienced thereafter with ronin, alcoholics members of ronin, and apex. I even cautioned against people getting upset by weirdos like Outer bringing their naked necro to splurt us and then suicide into mobs in Sebilis repeatedly. PvP is fine and its good to have practice even if it gets in the way of xp.

What isnt fine is that we had a number of ronin members allowed to remain on our discord in good faith, this trust was abused increasingly over time starting with a Sanctuary raid in PoH. My intel could be off but I believe it has been confirmed by those involved that Zech waited to hear that we had a bad pull before porting their pvp squad in to surprise attack. I understand that this is considered the norm in the hate war between Apex and Ronin, but it is certainly not just some friendly pvp.

Thus began a pattern of similar deceitful behavior that caused a lot of people to lose any trust in Ronin membership/leadership. If Ronin wanted to continue to build bridges with Sanctuary, did they think giving us reasons to not want them in our voice/text chat would accomplish this? Shady stuff like this continued to happen along with the expected normal pvp and angry people camping our lowbies, all the while we get assurances from ambassadors like Metroid that Ronin still wants to be our friends deep down inside and these incidents are just flukes. Well a couple of weeks ago we have a lot of members express interest in more predictable scheduled raids so we put up some plans for what we will raid each day of the week into our discord. The next day Ronin kills all of the targets on that list that they could manage, and schedules HoT on top of our plans, camping toons to pvp us before we even make it there.

At this point in time to a lot of Sanctuary members this feels like Ronin is actively at war with us in the same manner they are with Apex - they are doing their damnedest to make sure we cannot do any content, and have actively burned bridges with almost every member of the guild.

So Sanctuary decides to joint raid with Apex on a couple of days because why not? Ronin is at war with us anyways. Ronin members are now understandably upset, but at least we can all agree that Sanctuary made a reasonable decision given the circumstances. I will probably remain open to working with ronin, but i doubt my guildmates are as forgiving.

TLDR - of course you read it