Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-2016, 12:05 PM
Banned

Default ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’

BLACK MAN SHOT BY POLICE WHILE LYING ON GROUND WITH HANDS UP

http://secondnexus.com/social/black-...41a52d0f601bf9

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Charles Kinsey, a group therapist at a Miami-area health center, went to retrieve an autistic patient who had left the premises and wandered into the street. He did not expect to get shot.

According to North Miami Police, the incident began Monday afternoon. Officers arrived on the scene after someone called 911 saying there was a man on the street with a gun threatening suicide. In an interview with reporters from his hospital bed, Kinsey said the “gun” was in fact a toy truck which was clearly visible to police. Local media outlets obtained cellphone video footage corroborating Kinsey’s story. The footage, taken before the officer fired his weapon, shows his patient, a 23-year-old man named Rinaldo, sitting in the middle of the roadway and playing with his toy while Kinsey obeys police orders to lie down on the ground on his back. Kinsey has his hands in the air throughout the entire ordeal.

Kinsey had no reason to believe the incident would turn violent as long as he complied. “I was really more worried about him [Rinaldo] than myself,” he said. “I was thinking as long as I have my hands up… they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.” Kinsey’s account suggests compliance would not have helped. “I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” he continued. “I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot! And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”
I'm excited to hear the latest garbage nonsense about why this was OK and somehow justified. I wonder if the cop will face any punishment? actually no i don't he won't and everyone knows it