Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2016, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the old tutorial was better, there is a new one now its kinda weird it doesn't even tell you about career agents you gotta be told about it in the rookie chat, eve-uni wiki + youtube videos seems to be a good approach
eh no, too complicated, most can't just jump in and head out to all this action like you say, that not EVE at all. There is a most serious learning curve, even to sit there in your newbie ship for 30 minutes just trying to figure out how to move and turn.

Yes the old tutorial was better, but as CCP tends to do they take something good and make it suck, sometimes just suck really bad in fact. After the new tutorial, new players sticking around dropped significantly. So they started to make these phony video commercials recently, just like they did before with the "bounty hunter profession" that didn't even exist and still doesn't to this day (a lot of community backlash over that) except in some phony video. CCP LOVES hype, even when it's not remotely true of the game.

In fact each tutorial tends to get worse. Years ago, like 6 or 7 years ago (yeah been playing long time) the tutorial would actually talk to you, Aura, sexy British chick voice, and the tutorial worked really well. Now it's just some points of interest thing, hardly even a tutorial. So they give newbies cheap crap to make them feel like they are special and have a future in the game, bribe. And really, you learn the most early on by doing the career agent missions, which they haven't touched for a long time so still actually works. But yeah, like you said, new players don't even know about them, not since they removed the notification for them from the newbie tutorials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while yelling allah akbar at our enemies
Ohh... you're in karmafleet, aren't you? just started. Meh Goons. Figures...

No I don't recommend this game, not unless you already like space mmo's a whole lot. I started with EnB (at release), went to SWG (at release, had to wait for space), then after SWG:NGE was released (turned SWG into a literal ghost town which lead to it's shutdown) went to EVE as many did. I usually have a space mmo and some other mmo subscription (when there were subs anyways). You are better off playing this when you realize what I'm saying is true and you ragequit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: or this which isn't on that list. Don't be turned off by older reviews of this one, they did a lot of good work to make it quite enjoyable. Though gameplay wise, I'd go with X3:TC, if you like it a little more challenging and complicated. But X3:TC is the leading game considered to be an EVE clone, and it's just 5 stars imo, for the pew pewer anyway. But Rebirth is different from the X series, and more of a casual cockpit shooter... though a bit more deeper than that.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-28-2016 at 05:09 AM..