Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-28-2023, 06:31 AM
Large Rat

Default Warrior for a raider with limited time

I made a human paladin today after help from you guys in my race thread, but I wanted to ask this before I get carried away. I recently hit 55 on my shaman and have done some raiding, but this is my first time playing everquest since I was in grade school, so I don't know much about it.

Are warriors worth it for someone that can only make 1-3 raids each week? To be clear, I don't care if I'm the main tank and I don't ever see that happening, which is why I thought paladin would be better. I guess I'm a boring guy, but I love the idea of mainly just being an auto attacking class and I know I'm that regards I would never get tired of it, I'm mainly concerned with gearing up. The few warriors I do know all either work from home or are on disability, and I just don't have the time that those guys do.

If it matters, I only have 10k to throw around. This would be my main, as I just don't care for the shaman anymore. Constant cannibalizing has started to drive me crazy and I want something more chill.
Old 08-28-2023, 08:21 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue
Old 08-28-2023, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue
Old 08-28-2023, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Yeah tbh Rogue seems like the best option if you want something chill with 1-button.

Rogues don't pull. Rogues don't need to learn how to tank big bosses, use clickies and whatnot.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revanx22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a human paladin today after help from you guys in my race thread, but I wanted to ask this before I get carried away. I recently hit 55 on my shaman and have done some raiding, but this is my first time playing everquest since I was in grade school, so I don't know much about it.

Are warriors worth it for someone that can only make 1-3 raids each week? To be clear, I don't care if I'm the main tank and I don't ever see that happening, which is why I thought paladin would be better. I guess I'm a boring guy, but I love the idea of mainly just being an auto attacking class and I know I'm that regards I would never get tired of it, I'm mainly concerned with gearing up. The few warriors I do know all either work from home or are on disability, and I just don't have the time that those guys do.

If it matters, I only have 10k to throw around. This would be my main, as I just don't care for the shaman anymore. Constant cannibalizing has started to drive me crazy and I want something more chill.
If you are planning on soloing a good portion of the time to level, Warrior is going to be a tougher road to travel. Same with Rogue. While I agree with the other posters Rogue does fit your "boring autoattacker" idea, you are going to have a tough time leveling solo with only 10k. As a Rogue you need to be great at forming groups, or have some friends you can level with.

I'd say go with Monk if you plan on soloing often. They are also a "boring autoattacker" class. You will need to learn how to pull if you plan on raiding, however. I am not sure how you feel about pulling.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are planning on soloing a good portion of the time to level, Warrior is going to be a tougher road to travel. Same with Rogue. While I agree with the other posters Rogue does fit your "boring autoattacker" idea, you are going to have a tough time leveling solo with only 10k. As a Rogue you need to be great at forming groups, or have some friends you can level with.

I'd say go with Monk if you plan on soloing often. They are also a "boring autoattacker" class. You will need to learn how to pull if you plan on raiding, however. I am not sure how you feel about pulling.
I will disagree with this statement.

Use the 1K twink guide here and for the BP get an Iksar Ceremonial BP. I have solo'd my rogue to 37 with that gear set up. I can see getting to early/mid 40s with her geared that way.
Old 08-29-2023, 06:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will disagree with this statement.

Use the 1K twink guide here and for the BP get an Iksar Ceremonial BP. I have solo'd my rogue to 37 with that gear set up. I can see getting to early/mid 40s with her geared that way.
Should really be a requirement to provide some context for these kinda sentiments

Soloing on a rogue with a 1k budget sounds like torture
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-29-2023, 08:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should really be a requirement to provide some context for these kinda sentiments

Try it. You would be amazed at what the modern game economy can get a rogue, or warrior set up with for just 1k and solo effectively.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try it. You would be amazed at what the modern game economy can get a rogue, or warrior set up with for just 1k and solo effectively.
Bro can u even buy 1 piece of gear for less than 1k plat that isn't just like banded armor
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-30-2023, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1k plus a regen tunic… thats an 11k budget!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung