Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Default Does /guildwar work?

Worked at least briefly on Tallon Zek back in the day.

Would be a lot of fun, no?

a little info: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/foru...319&howmany=50
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

doh
Last edited by JenJen; 07-08-2011 at 02:12 PM.. Reason: just realised i dont have a guild
Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

this made me think of:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...=kimmie+nalkin
Old 07-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty hilarious how he guildwared divinity yet Nalkin categorically refuses to duel me.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty hilarious how he guildwared divinity yet Nalkin categorically refuses to duel me.
Last time I accepted a duel from Geegoo was in gfay at the wizard spires. I didn't even have a pet out when I accepted (thats how bad I knew i would pwn him). I then summoned a pet at which point Geegoo bard speed ran all the way to crushbone and around the far end of the zone. I sat at the spires talking to people for a while and eventually forgot I had even dueled him because he never came back. After a half hour I camped out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

so it works?!

I want to be a part of newb guild war!
Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusk883 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so it works?!

I want to be a part of newb guild war!
I don't think it works, even though the request is sent - if you bother rogean about it he might make it work, he was interested in this a while back.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Enabling this, or fixing it, would be the coolest thing ever. Appease the old zek people, too. Would be neat to see pvp more often, allow us to hunt players again, and be a spectator as well. I bet this would bring out a ton of players from the woodwork who haven't tried P99 yet. Its the ONLY thing missing here...pvp. Duels are a snore...

Not that I have a single character over level 16 but this would surely motivate some of us IMO. Lately I'm in EC trading as a former zek'er which I never did 10 years ago. Enabling guildwars would be crazy fun.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Guildwar was bugged to shit on live. My all elf guild on vallon went to war with another all elf guild due to differing ideaologies. Things like root and snare would last indefinitely for some reason, and there were lots of other bugs I can't remember.. This was years ago. I seriously doubt it's even enabled to work here, and if it is I can't imagine it working even as well as on live.

:/
Old 07-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurelyElf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guildwar was bugged to shit on live. My all elf guild on vallon went to war with another all elf guild due to differing ideaologies. Things like root and snare would last indefinitely for some reason, and there were lots of other bugs I can't remember.. This was years ago. I seriously doubt it's even enabled to work here, and if it is I can't imagine it working even as well as on live.

:/
Worked fine on Tallon Zek for the time it did work. We, the Merciless Midgets (all shortie) and me as the GL didn't adhere to the culture that came around where it's "Light vs Dark" and we killed anything taller than us (gnomes, halflings, and dwarves). And we especially despised a guild that was primarily High Elf as they were very homosexual in appearance and I didn't want to be a part of their "team"...that guild was Celestial Order or something. So we could already kill them without the /guildwar but WITH /guildwar there were no level limits. The MMs were low levels for the most part, only a few 50s but tons of 30s and under as so many people had alts who wanted to be a part of it. The other guild was 3x bigger and almost all 48+... we agreed to it and had the time of our lives for 14 days or so. I remember they corpse camped a guildie for 12 days in rotation in the OOT and took pride that one of our 50s couldn't play...meanwhile his alt MM, myself and the rest of our 40-50s were slaughtering Faydark elves without protection. Fun stuff. So I don't think the /guildwar thing is broken THAT much, the pvp works fine as it always did, I think it just removes the level limit to any level can pvp with opposing guild tags. That, in my estimation, is what needs to be enabled. Pvp works fine right? Otherwise we couldn't /duel. I just can't imagine its that hard to enable /guildwar... had to be something else behind the scenes why it was a short lived feature on live.
Last edited by dusk883; 07-08-2011 at 05:11 PM.. Reason: grammar
Closed Thread