Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-09-2020, 06:14 PM
Orc

Unhappy Cannot login to Blue

Hello all,

It was recommended that I post here. I have a persistent issue logging into Blue.

This happens only on Blue. I can login to Green just fine.

I receive the following error nearly every time I attempt to login to Blue:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's annoying because it isn't consistent and it seems to come and go at random.

I have a 39 monk on Blue that I created a couple years ago. I play very infrequently/sporadically. I didn't start seeing this issue until returning to roll a new char about 2 weeks ago. I logged into Blue, made a druid, played til 5-6, then logged out. A couple of days later, I got the error and could not login. I tried to login into Green and was able login, play, logout, log back in, etc all without issue. I tried a handful of other servers, all without issue. This is specific to Blue, for what it's worth.

I have flushed my DNS caches, reset my router (dynamic WAN IP, static LAN IP), restarted my machine multiple times, and the issue persists. I have no idea what to try next. Has anyone else encountered similar issues? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2020, 06:36 PM
Orc

Thanks for letting me use your IP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2020, 06:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for letting me use your IP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Funny...very helpful. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

Stupid question but anyone else on your network that plays P99? If they're on blue when you try you'll see this message, but not when trying green.

-Mcoy
Old 11-09-2020, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Oh, and when you close out the client - make sure there aren't any eqgame.exe processes still running (ctrl + shift + esc).

-Mcoy
Old 11-10-2020, 12:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, and when you close out the client - make sure there aren't any eqgame.exe processes still running (ctrl + shift + esc).

-Mcoy
Both good points. I am the only person who plays in my household and I only play from one machine. I checked Task Manager but there are no other instances of eqgame.exe running.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:45 AM
Orc

FWIW, just played for about 5 hours, then logged out while sitting in Oasis. Unable to log back into Blue now. Rebooted my router, flushed DNS, forced new WAN DHCP assignment, no change. Can't login to Blue. =(
Old 11-10-2020, 09:52 AM
Orc

Attempted to login again this morning (early EST). Same error.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:49 AM
Orc

Should I request an IP exemption to see if that resolves the issue? I have not been able to login to Blue while attempting for the past ~2 hours.
Old 11-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Are you the only one on your home network that plays p99?