Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Default game economy

I'm frustrated that I know for a fact FBSS is worth 10-12k, however I must sell it for 16k+ as I am a capitalist. We are all aware that; there is a heady abundance of them on p1999, they are perma camped 24/7, and their precedent value is worth no more than 12k.

So, what do I do? Sell it for what I know it's worth (11ish) and take the loss upon myself? My intent would be to start a trend to adjust the inflated price, but one single FBSS sold under current value does not accomplish this.

Shitty situation, I'm not looking to rip anybody off, but I have to..
Old 09-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Planar Protector

Once Kunark drops with RBG's and epic haste for a few classes we may see a price adjustment, but regardless Sky has already hit and a lot of folks are gearing up in the 21% class belts. 16-20k for 21% haste just seems wrong.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Sarnak

It's basic supply and demand. DA got like 15 Haste belts this weekend, which means a lot of FBSS are hitting the market.

Basically you're going to need to be really patient, or take the loss.

Why is this is R&F?
Old 09-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why is this is R&F?
I think because it's a rant of sort. :-P

From my personal warrior's standpoint, I've noticed quite an increase in the price of "warrior twink" items lately, which goes hand in hand with all the new "warrior twinks" I've been seeing suddenly in the 20-30's leveling bracket. Consequently, I've been seeing a significant increase in the number of level 30 warrior accounts being sold in the "WTS-East Commonlands Tunnel" forums, as well as the actual EC tunnel in game.

Yaks have been going up quite a bit as well. While I was seeing them in the 7-7500 plat range for a while, they're suddenly going up to 9k+ Even today, I saw one guy offer 18k for a pair, and another guy throw out 12k for just one. Little items, like Dwarven Workboots were steadily going for about 350-400. Now I'm seeing a lot of "600 firm" auctions going on. For those that can't afford Yaks, Obsidian shards weren't bad, but they went from 600 per, down to 300 for a bit, now suddenly they're back in the 500-700 range. Other things like Mithril armor pieces and such are also jumping back up in price. Thankfully I was able to quest for most of my crafted armor pieces.

While this isn't a big deal for most people, it does kinda suck for fresh warriors like myself, who just rolled right into the class rather than start out with a soloing class, only to then gear out a twink. Do I regret that decision? Not really. While it does make things more difficult, it is my own decision to live with. I have had a lot of fun thus far.

One thing that does burn my bacon is when I go to tank for a group and everyone there is fully twinked out in 50-100k plat worth of gear. While this in of itself isn't a problem (better gear means that they'll generally perform better, and we'll get more exp) the level of ridicule (why don't you have Yaks + FBSS yet? Lol! Noob!) I get sometimes gets rather old.

Even so, I've only been kicked out of a group due to "gear inadequacies" once in an "exp power farm" Mistmoore group because I was trying to keep threat off of two fully twinked rogues who didn't know how to press the evade key, and a fully kitted out bard who kept telling me to "spam press the taunt key to get more aggro." My experiences since then have been far more pleasant. :-)

Regardless, I figure at the rate I'm going, I'll probably be able to afford an FBSS and two Yaks around the time Velious hits. :-)

TLDR Version: I suck at EQ and should /delete :-P
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Venerate>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr - <Venerate>, Konquest Unrivaled - Barbarian Warrior of Rallos Zek - <Venerate>

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 09-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One thing that does burn my bacon is when I go to tank for a group and everyone there is fully twinked out in 50-100k plat worth of gear. While this in of itself isn't a problem (better gear means that they'll generally perform better, and we'll get more exp) the level of ridicule (why don't you have Yaks + FBSS yet? Lol! Noob!) I get sometimes gets rather old.
This is EXACTLY what drove me away from Live, being a warrior without a "Sugar Daddy" and taking all sorts of shit and abuse about my pitiful gear compared to the $100k twinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Having these necros/mages turned PLed/twinked tanks give shitty advice on technique made it excruciating [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Alas, the raider mentality is that somehow the casuals haven't earned anything (something thats been repeated many times on the forum) despite the fact that casuals quest stuff, not buy it, sit in on a guild permacamp, or farm a broken plane every time it pops, and casuals have probably played in almost every zone in the game, not been PLed in the usual progression of ZEM zones. If casuals buy stuff it's because they've done a plat-making quest innumerable times (eg Stein of Moggok run number 14 for me!) or crafted items to raise plat. To me casuals have earned their gear just as much as raiders have... but I don't expect the attitude will change.

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Kobold

Something is "worth" what someone is willing to pay...period.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is EXACTLY what drove me away from Live, being a warrior without a "Sugar Daddy" and taking all sorts of shit and abuse about my pitiful gear compared to the $100k twinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Having these necros/mages turned PLed/twinked tanks give shitty advice on technique made it excruciating [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My solution is simple. I dont group with twinks, and will tell them why I dont want them in my group. Biggest reason is most twinks are not good players that know their character inside and out. They leveled too fast to have capped skills. They also dont tend to work well as a team, and have personalities that tend to lack any desirable traits.

I didnt come to 1999, to have it easy. If I wanted easy, Id play wow.

I came to 1999 because of the challenges the old world had to offer.

I dont want to be power leveled by some super twink and his box, uumm, i mean friend sitting outside of the group.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulghor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think because it's a rant of sort. :-P
Its OK.
Quote:
I was trying to keep threat off of two fully twinked rogues who didn't know how to press the evade key, and a fully kitted out bard who kept telling me to "spam press the taunt key to get more aggro." My experiences since then have been far more pleasant. :-)
I can't stand this.

The rogue is a hard class because everything is skill and timing. Those you can't get with twinks.

How often do you back stab? Not as often as it refreshes, its as often as you can avoid getting aggro off the MT. I used to have a hot key that did a backstab - attack off - evade - attack on. My "I got aggro" key was attack off - evade - /say "I got aggro"

Every rogue should be evading as much as possible. They should never have beg or pickpocket in a macro for a group. How many twinks do you think have either or both mashed?

Most of the time I could BS as much as I wanted. Like now... :-)
"If someone points a gun at you, you call the police. If a bunch of guys are pointing guns at you, you call SWAT. If they're in spandex and pointing a super laser at you, you call OSI. And if they're dressed regular and pointing a super laser at your daughter, that's when you call SPHINX. (SPHINX!)"
Formerly of Morell Thule and Test Server
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rogue is a hard class
It's fine to say that rogues are fun 'cause they're big damage, maybe that corpse dragging is somewhat challenging, but to say they're a hard class because you have to make an evade hotkey, hit it, and avoid hitting pickpocket, is LOL.

Rogues are easy as shit unless you're dragging corpses.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rogue is a hard class because everything is skill and timing. Those you can't get with twinks.:-)
What? Lol
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Closed Thread