Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

Default server life?

So as I am really getting settled in, i realized how much i VERY much loved everquest and how much i missed it. Im glad i quit when i did (shortly before ykesha, was just too hard playing catchup turning into a casual player), but this server is everything i could of ever asked for. A good player base, friendly people, great community... My question is... think this will be around 2 years, years down the road? (yes i intend on playing as long as this server is up and running)

Much love!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:20 PM
VIP / Contributor

Server isn't going anywhere. Anyone who has thought otherwise weeps in sorrow.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

I am very glad this has been done, I love every thing about this =)
Old 07-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server isn't going anywhere. Anyone who has thought otherwise weeps in sorrow.
You make this druid very, very happy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You make this druid very, very happy. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this druid as well =D I really love people who devote their time, skills to keeping such a good thing alive =)
Old 07-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Aviak

First post, yay?

Anyway, I'm really enjoying old EQ, never really thought I would. But I realize: why waste my time on another same 'ol MMO that'll last for the free first 30 days, and then down the toilet? This I know I love, and I know y'all do too! Plus, the community here seems really great, people I play with are really polite - granted char names here seem a bit more retarded here than I remember back on live...

But the whole holy grail attitude towards Velious being the very end is only for show, I reckon. At the end of the day, we all want more stuff. Luclin zones weren't very cool, but I think AAs were...
Last edited by superapan; 07-09-2011 at 04:49 PM..
Old 07-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Orc

I started this weekend and my first thought was, ugh... EQ, after spending a bit playing a cleric and dying several times first level, and second level, and spending a while getting through third.

Then I started to notice something other MMO's haven't given me since EQ... enjoyment. The feeling of accomplishment when you take a few hours to get a level instead of a few minutes. Even when I died and lost level 6 I think it was, and was back at level 5 I thought... this is why the bad people were so much more obvious leveling up, and raged a lot louder every time something went wrong. Other MMO's are just so goddamned easy and forgiving, there is no sense of accomplishment. Then when you raid with people they give up on the first wipe cause they've had an ez mode time through the game.

The EQ world seems better too. Something about it seems more real and immersive, maybe the lack of open serverwide channels? Maybe the time it takes to travel and the actual loss when you die instead of a 30 second run back to corpse? Maybe it's just that there is some empty spaces in nektulos where I'm leveling and not endless mobs populating every inch of space, and the fact that every mob can't just be leashed. If you get a red mob and it's beating the shit out of you, you run for a zone line or guards that may be very far away.

Anyway, thanks, after many years of not playing EQ, I find I still like it better, and Kunark was a golden age.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Orc

I echo Caridry's sentiments and applaud Uthgaard's response.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sure the server will be around for a long time, but if nothing happens after Velious and it's been open for a few years, I think interest will wane as everyone has finally done everything they care to do. Especially since Velious doesn't add new levels. Then it'll eventually reach the point where there's so few players that the lack of players makes more players leave, and eventually it'll be down to a hundred or so lingerers plus the occasional newbie. That's a long way away, though. I wouldn't expect any kind of decline for another two or three years.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:24 PM
Banned

A good server population will last at least a year into Velious. So yeah, I'd have to say AT LEAST two years on that score.
Closed Thread