Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Killing a Hill Giant at lvl 14?

NERF BARDS!!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

J/K.

The two guards near the Gypsy camp in NK were fighting the HG, I was about to camp at the tower when I noticed this little fight going on... I almost just hit the camp button, but I decided to wait and watch.

The guards got him to within a few HPs of fleeing before they died, I decided to risk it since I was bound at the Gypsy camp anyway. The HG got me down to like 10% HP before I got the swing in - then he started fleeing. It took me about 3-5 minutes to take him down, but man that was satisfying. The 11% xp and 11pp wasn't bad either.

There must be some sort of XP cap in, I should have gotten more than that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Lol...good job. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Sarnak

I was soloing sand giants on my ranger at 35, and I thought that was impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
It actually takes more time for you to create an account, and all the posts than it does to ban you.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Sarnak

i remember my first hill giant kill... was in my high 20s had to chain cast fire pet on him but i did it
Falisaty Shagswell mage of 10 winters
"O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade that, with it, thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." Armaments 2:9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
my dick would look huge in her hand
Old 07-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

would have been a better pic if another hill giant aggro'd you in mid-cheer and we could see his fist coming towards your head to one shot you.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Planar Protector

Once bards get ranged DD/DoT spells they can technically kill any melee mob of any level, it just takes forever because of resists and shit.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
would have been a better pic if another hill giant aggro'd you in mid-cheer and we could see his fist coming towards your head to one shot you.
If I would have done that I would have died. I was damn lucky to have gotten that first hit off. You can tell by all the misses that it was pure luck that one landed to do just enough damage to make it flee.

I was also amazed that I was able to follow him for almost 5 minutes without another mob agro'ing on me. Most of the time I was just twisting Selos and Heal, sure I'd have to abandon the HG and run for the zone. I usually hunt near the guards because bears and wolves love me.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

I killed a sand giant at level 1.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I killed a sand giant at level 1.
Heh, I saw someone kill a Hill Giant in North Karana on Live back in 1999. He was a lvl 1 Necro and had the HG hung up on the Wizard spires. The necro sat on the other side and would stand and cast Life Tap and sit down. He eventually killed it.
He may have been lvl 2, can't recall.. It was interesting to see. I didn't stick around to watch as he had a lot to go. The HG was down to 35%.
-----------------------
Old 07-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Large Bat

For an added bonus you can pull the HG onto the gaurds with proxy agro and kill the winner pretty easily...if it's a gaurd you take a minimal faction hit nothing 20 minutes in Blackburrow won't fix.... Oh yeah don't pull both HG's onto the gaurds at the same time....the gaurds are weaker than HG's.......
Closed Thread