Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default The Hole - List of issues

- Slizik the Mighty. This mob is not spawning in the jail where he should. He has entries on alla dating back to 2001 http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=11791 and comments on the idol of the underking from 2000 http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2307 indicating it dropped from the "jail area", presumably from slizik. Confirmed with amelinda that there are no encounter logs for slizik and 2 long camps of jail show him not spawning.

- Zoning in from the top. Two patches ago, you would be able to aim where in the hole you landed based on where you fell in from the top. This allowed you to aim yourself to land in the water pools and progressively drop from pool to pool. Now, you always spawn in the hole at the same location, and drop straight down in the middle of the pit. When you die, your body gets Z axis bugged. This happenned twice tonight where people jumping in had to get their corpses summoned by a guide because the corpses warped to above the zone in on the Z axis rather than land at the bottom of the pit.

- Imbued Granite Spauldors. These don't seem to drop off anything anymore, at least with the frequency they should. I've spent almost every night for two weeks in here on my mage or rogue. I've done the entrance area for 30ish hours, the undead area near yael for 25 hours and the ratmen for 9 hours. Zero IGS. Additionally, a couple other people who regularly hunt the pit and zone in area do not report having seen any since the patch before yesterday's.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1069 IGS should be dropping off any mob in the zone. The only mob i've heard of them dropping off since the hole loot changes was a golem near yael. They were definitely too common before that patch, but they are WAY too rare now.
Last edited by Shiftin; 11-07-2011 at 03:22 AM..
Old 11-07-2011, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I have fought Slizik the Mighty where indicated on EQAtlas - he dropped me the Idol of the Underking.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

When was that?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Probably 6 weeks ago. I did have a hell of a time getting him to spawn - enough that I thought his spawn was broken for a while.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

it may be that he's so rare that encounter log has expired and he hasn't spawned since? Maybe i misspelled it to amelinda. Either way, the guy is crazy rare.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Banned

IGS only drop of golems I thought>
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IGS only drop of golems I thought>
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1069

Quote:
I, too, got my Imbued Granite Shoulders off of a random Golem, very near the entrance.
Quote:
This fine piece of armor dropped off a ratman last night in The Hole.
Quote:
I lost the roll on a set of these last night, dropped off a rat warrior.
Quote:
I dont think its ultra rare since we got a few of then yesterday.
Quote:
You are right. They do drop off of Ratmen & they also drop off of Ghosts.
Quote:
I have seen these drop off of elementals, golems, fiends, and ratmen.
Quote:
yes also drops off the revenants.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

When I was on live I could solo the entrance to the hole as a ranger because the mobs would not social aggro as they are now.
At most only the one directly across would come causing me to root.
Last night noticed several mobs would come at once when we tried pulling singles.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was on live I could solo the entrance to the hole as a ranger because the mobs would not social aggro as they are now.
At most only the one directly across would come causing me to root.
Last night noticed several mobs would come at once when we tried pulling singles.
what level are you? on live you needed to be 52 to single pull (without tricks) the entrance.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galanteer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what level are you? on live you needed to be 52 to single pull (without tricks) the entrance.
Level 56