Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Sarnak

Default Next tweak, the pvp xp loss

Yes, that again

I think its a real deterrent for pvp and it has no place here, forum troll/warriors who are gonna post here be damned.

When i get to 50, ill be wanting to have fun nightly and pvping all nite. Fuck dying 10 times a nite and having to grind that shit back every time.

Make the mana bar and health bar go down like it was on Rallos if you have to, but get rid of that weak mechanic.

Its also gonna help the server grow since now with xp bonus its going uphill.

The last thing you want is this scummy core pop xp loss steamrolling new blood off the server with their twinks.

The training problem will go down if people actually can try to stop people in pvp with lower numbers.

With this mechanic, it encourages people to either zerg/only engage lower numbers or not pvp at all
Last edited by oldfish; 02-23-2012 at 06:59 AM..
Old 02-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Aviak

I don't get why they had exp loss for pvp death in the first place. I played on RZ and SZ. SZ it seemed like you would rarely encounter someone who conned even and so the exp loss wasn't very common. Just don't make sense!
Old 02-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Exp loss should stay and exp should be gained for killing other players (limited to only gaining exp twice a day from the same person so that the mechanic can't be abused).
Old 02-23-2012, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp loss should stay and exp should be gained for killing other players (limited to only gaining exp twice a day from the same person so that the mechanic can't be abused).
Yea lets make those big guilds even more powerful so that there isnt any other option beside joining them.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the xp-loss is to low.
It should hurt dying in pvp, thats what makes it interesting.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Sarnak

First: THANK YOU DEVS/ADMIN FOR THE EXP BUMP. I am loving the server!

I am not worried about exp loss in pvp. You farm stuff in Lguk right? You clear fear with your guilds right? More than enough to make up for an adequate griefing.

As I don't see it as something to cry about, I would like to see it removed, but whatever, that's small things.

Exp gain from pvp is not going to happen, and rightfully so. I would be abused.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Planar Protector

the xp loss is minimal, whats more important is that casters need to spawn oom from a pvp death.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbike [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First: THANK YOU DEVS/ADMIN FOR THE EXP BUMP. I am loving the server!

I am not worried about exp loss in pvp. You farm stuff in Lguk right? You clear fear with your guilds right? More than enough to make up for an adequate griefing.
Right, because its the big guilds farming stuff thats bearing the brunt of the xp loss?

I also like where this xp bump is directing the server, would just like to see the trend continue before people get bored again.

There must be more to endgame than nihilum winning by default because holocaust trolls someone that is wheelchair-bound.

Xp loss is not a small thing, its gonna keep new blood from making the server grow and its making pvp happen alot less than it would. On top of that people wont see any point in trying to contest raid mobs unless they have a chance of winning, IE resorting to training instead of guerilla pvping it.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

if losing 2-3% at most a couple of times a nite from pvp death (probably once if they are smart) deters them from playing im pretty sure hell levels will kill them in RL
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Banned

2%?!?! Omg the fucking sky is falling
Closed Thread