Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 01:14 AM
Kobold

Default Hybrid Historians: QoL changes that are already in?

I did not main a hybrid until damn near Loose-lin so I didn't pay attention much to the changes, but as I understand hybrids went through a decent amount of QoL improvements in the patches after launch.

A few that I learned about were mana pools, a few spell changes, and an important one, spell casting resetting the swing timer. I don't know about the spells, but my mana pool "feels" big, and casting most definitely does not mess with the swing timer because I can consistently lifetap in between 2h swings.

Does anyone know the official list of the changes that occurred versus the ones that made it in on green launch? I've already slogged through all the historical patch notes once, I don't think I could do it again for such specific information over such an great deal of time.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Luck-lin

No I say loose-lin too. But I also say quay-nohs and apparently it's supposed to be fucking key-nohs.

Swing timers getting reset by spells is something that has been in the bug forums over the years. It didn't originally exist on blue, then it got patched in (though possibly ONLY for hybrids, NOT for normal spellcasters, I'm not too clear). I don't know of a compilation of stuff like this though. It'd be quite a feat to put together. Maybe once we have folks needing 8-10 minute med breaks instead of 2-3 minute med breaks, we'll get more work on things like this.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:20 AM
Kobold

I'm not sure if hybrids ever got the era-appropriate reduced mana pools. I know it was discussed early on in the project, but I'm not a big hybrid player.

It's funny just how afraid of hybrids the developers were though. Really shows you how little they understood about their own game.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luck-lin

No I say loose-lin too.
I said Luck-lin for years up until I was converted by "The Shenanigans". Also, Golden Efreeti Shoes.
Old 10-31-2019, 09:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Swing timers getting reset by spells is something that has been in the bug forums over the years. It didn't originally exist on blue, then it got patched in (though possibly ONLY for hybrids, NOT for normal spellcasters, I'm not too clear). I don't know of a compilation of stuff like this though. It'd be quite a feat to put together. Maybe once we have folks needing 8-10 minute med breaks instead of 2-3 minute med breaks, we'll get more work on things like this.

At this point I'm just going to assume all the little changes are in, whatever they were.
Closed Thread