Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Treeform Question: Possible additional benefits?

I came across this post about treeform that lists a bunch of great benefits, I don't have a druid to test on. Are these working on P99? (I'm aware about the P99 illusion bugs and being able to move when you shouldn't). I find the treeform being used to cancel a DoT interesting, raises faction, and not sure if you die on P99 if you revert to your normal form or retain tree illusion? Just trying to see if there is a bug report to be filed here, please let me know your feedback.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010304...t/TreeForm.htm
Quote:
Taking the appearance of a tree, it's funny, but outside this playful side of planting a tree just in the gateway of a city, just to surprise and surprise the regulars of the place, it It is unfortunate that most druids do not know the possibilities of this spell.

So, list the benefits before detailing and see in what condition it is usable:
powerful camouflage
Regeneration (5HP / tick standing, 6HP / seated tick)
stackable with Regen and Chloroplast
cancellation of DOT poison and disease
ability to cast all spells, with the notable exception of yourself from SOW and Wolf form
economic buff in mana and long lasting
faction at least indifferent with most races of Norrath

And do not forget the disadvantages that are added:
impossibility to move
risk of aggro if it is cast in the immediate vicinity of a creature
breaks a SOW or a Wolf Form, primarily to a DOT poison or disease
camouflage does not work if you're already aggro
impossibility of making Tree Form elsewhere than on the grass
self-only, can not be given to others

One last point of detail, if you do Tree-form in the forest, note your loc, otherwise if you die on the spot (it can still happen), you will have trouble to find the right tree.

To regenerate
A first application appears as obvious, it is the period of rest and meditation that follows a difficult fight. In a single spell, where you have just exterminated your last prey, without having to hide away in a hidden corner, you hide, you regenerate and meditate quietly, in the heart of the forest or of the meadow, amid the hostile creatures. Before returning to a more normal appearance, a quick tour to check that the way is free, and one click you resume your normal appearance, just before you recaster SOW. This regeneration can be combined with that of Regen or choroplast. Instead of you healer, Tree Form, for 30 mana, will do the same while you meditate. A hell of saving Heals.

To fight
But you can also fight disguised as "tree". It is rather a group use. Unlike other camouflage spells, casting spells does not remove this camouflage. With the major disadvantage of being immobilized on the spot. It is therefore necessary to use this possibility knowingly. That said, a simple click on the spell will remove it and allow you to move if the need arises. At the lowest levels, you do not have the SOW's concern yet. Then, it is recommended to have memorized Spirit of Cheetah, to be able to clear quickly in case. The precaution to take in this case is not to taunt. But if your role in the group is buffer and healer, eventually make a snare to prevent the creature from running away, you can hide behind your tree image to avoid being attacked by surprise by another creature. You can then perfectly fulfill your mission of "first aid" group in case of major difficulty, you stay out of the risk of melee, you can meditate with confidence, ready to intervene.

Treat yourself
The "Tree Form" replaces in your list of buffs the first of the following spells encountered: SOW or Wolf Form, then DOT poison or disease. If you've been poisoned during the fight, be sure to remove SOW or Wolf Form before you cast Tree Form, so you'll get instant healing, camouflage and regenerate yourself. This is a very effective technique at levels 50 and above, and very fast to remove a DOT Poison that promises you 1000 damage in 1 minute. To have 3 Cure Poison in this case is to take the risk of dying before being treated. The risk of losing the SOW is lower.

The faction
The "Tree Form" gives you an "indifferent" faction with most races and creatures of Norrath (to check case by case, it is not systematic), and sometimes even passes "warmly" with those who are "amiably". You do not fear anything from the hostile guard, the Giant or the Griffin who may pass nearby. You can sell and buy just about anywhere outdoors at better conditions, at least until you reach level 19 and its teleports. And above all, it can be very useful for some quests.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

Dont know if it works like that here on P99. But I never knew treeform only worked if you were on grass.
Old 08-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Banned

It really bugs me that I have to constantly re-cast Treeform when people zone into EC or they won’t see it.

(here on P1999)
Old 08-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Kobold

I played a druid on live and I remember sitting in GFay at the ent to Crushbone with Treeform on so that I wouldn't get agro from the orcs that people would train when heading to Crushbone. The tunnel heading to CB is dirt, so I don't see how I could do this if you could only cast Treeform on grass.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 AM
Orc

It can hinder targeting in group or populated areas. I learned that the hard way while using it once in ec tunnel, after quite a few angry tells. I didn't know about the dot removal or faction adjustment, though.

Will have to give that a try sometime. After being scolded by the tunnel questers, I moved it to the back of my book and kinda forgot about it.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Banned

tree corpse doesn't work

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-02-2018, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can hinder targeting in group or populated areas. I learned that the hard way while using it once in ec tunnel, after quite a few angry tells. I didn't know about the dot removal or faction adjustment, though.

Will have to give that a try sometime. After being scolded by the tunnel questers, I moved it to the back of my book and kinda forgot about it.
Are you using your mouse to target people?!
Old 08-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using your mouse to target people?!
I'm assuming other people were and it was bothering them. I just decided I wouldn't use it in highly populated areas anymore.
Closed Thread