Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I have returned!

Hello everyone!

After many years away, I have returned. I am a long time, on-again-off-again (mostly off!) Everquest player from the old days. I first played Everquest back in the summer of 2000, after much badgering from a grade 10 classmate of mine. Day after day he'd enter our shared chemistry class, declaring that he had achieved level so-and-so on his Druid. I'd call him an idiot, and move on. Being an occasional MUD player I was indeed interested, but using the Linux and BSD operating system at the time precluded me from using it. Then, in the summer, I installed Windows 2000 and bought Everquest. I spent my entire summer playing the game, leveling my character to roughly 44 or so when I died in the middle of one of the oceans. I believe I had fallen off the boat while messing around, and I did not have time to retrieve my corpse as I had a flight to catch to California and would not be back for 3 weeks. After arriving home my character's corpse had disappeared and all items were gone. With the exception of my level, my entire summer had been destroyed! I stopped playing after that fateful day,

Fast forward to years later, I had played many other such games like World of Warcraft and Everquest II. The experience with EQ2 had left a bad taste in my mouth and the state of Everquest 1 was getting worse by t and wanted something like the old-school EQ from my youth. A friend on IRC told me about Project 1999. I played it for quite a while, and while I play EQ just on and off ever since then, I always return. Now, in this case, I have returned. Although I have brought my girlfriend with me now - here's to hoping I can keep her playing.

I haven't decided what I'm going to play as yet, although in the past my favorite has been a Half-Elf Druid. We will see!

If anyone would like to invite me and my woman to group, please send me atell. My screen-name is 'Thebaine'.

Thank you everyone!

Thebaine
Old 10-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Orc

Hey TheBaine,

When you get a chance post your main character's name so we can look you up. Unless you created a character with your screen name Thebaine.

Welcome back to EQ. I would like to extend a invitation to both you and your girlfriend to join Vita Infinita. We are a small but growing guild and currently do not have a min level to join. I been busy with personal stuff the last couple of weeks but should be back on soon. Ballhaus is our Guild Leader. We are hoping to build a strong guild to join Pantheon - Rise of the Fallen once it comes out for those that want to join us there.

Look forward to seeing yo soon!

Jofur - 42 Bard | Baamboozle - 12 Rogue
Old 10-19-2016, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Welcome back to the fold. Glad to see you friend. Huzza!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qJ1E8EljVM
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I jizzed my pants. (I love that sound)
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I jizzed my pants. (I love that sound)
=)