Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Fire Giant

Default LF Guild

Busy IRL, but I still want to EQ.

Looking for a guild that doesn't have raid attendance requirements, but has enough high level players to do single and multi-group content (planes, epics, Velious encounters) when I actually have time to get into something.

I'd also like to not have to designate mains/alts as I like to play all my characters.

Does a guild like this exist on p99? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Clue is like that. Raid attendance completely voluntary, but doing something every night, either groups or raids. Loot is /random, generally.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 11-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

Kennie Powers, great effin name.
Chillout - Enc
Worlds - War
Old 11-11-2015, 02:57 PM
Sarnak

You may very well find a guild that doesn't have attendance requirements, but just about any guild that is capable of getting epics for their members and encountering Velious raid mobs is going to have a minimum attendance if you want to bid on dragon loot. This is the norm in most (all?) raid guilds as I'm sure you can understand the negative side of showing up for a single dragon and spending latent DKP earned months or years ago on a high value item to win over a member with 60% attendance that is currently very active. Current active members take an even higher priority on loot council guilds for obvious reasons.

I'm less familiar with main/alt declaration in other guilds but it is also something that exists to protect that hard working main from being outbid by so and so's alt. Even though it sounds like your intentions of playing all of your toons equally is pure, it still probably won't happen.

TL;DR The competition level of end game raiding on this server is so high that unfortunately low/no attendance will likely get you little to no loots.

Legday <Asgard>
Old 11-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by thufir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clue is like that. Raid attendance completely voluntary, but doing something every night, either groups or raids. Loot is /random, generally.
Well then, I stand corrected.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

AG has no raid attendance requirements. We have a ton of members but usually field around 30-35 for our prime EST raids and 10-15 in the morning if we go for something because we have a lot of casuals.

We do have a main/alt system in place.

Raids are daily and voluntary and we do take down big targets in Kunark+Velious+oldworld and all planes, all of which is voluntary. We've got a pretty good rep as the good guys on the server and we like to keep our environment as family oriented as possible for a bunch of adult gamers. Send me a PM if you are interested for more details.