Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Default Bilge Farfathom Droprates

Yes, I know PKT is supposed to be rare, but it was never this rare on live servers. Of the last 12 Bilges I've know of being killed (you get to know the 3-4 other druids who do the camp also over time... not all 12 were killed by me), all 12 were Reed Belts... It wasn't nearly this rare on live.

This really needs fixing imo.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

Isn't random chance a bitch? You'll have streaks, I'm sure at some point there have been two PKTs in a row. It's just luck, and it sounds like you guys have been having a bad case of it.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Aviak

No, I suspect the "adjustment" to his spawn was to remove the 0 from the 50% chance to drop the PKT. He drops it something like 1 in 20 times now and this was obviously done to compensate for the several months when he dropped 2-3 a day. Bilge also seems to be a bit rarer which only further complicates things.

If you remember, PKTs ended up dropping to 6-8k when the Reed Belt was still around 4-5k. They should have been 2-3 times that and are actually going for more like 4-5 times the belt's value ATM. It's much more likely that a person will find 4-5 reed belts, sell them, and buy a PKT before killing Bilge and looting one. Kind of sad considering the PKT's price wont ever climb high enough to match it's rarity at this drop rate.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

23 confirmed kills now, 0 PKTs.

The drop rate was NOT 5% on live and it should not have been overnerfed so much. Please look into this and potentially change it.
Last edited by Daldaen; 10-08-2010 at 12:57 AM..
Closed Thread