Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 02:01 AM
Aviak

Default Finer Points of Necro Feign Death

So I think I'm actually starting to learn to play Necromancer correctly, and it's tons of fun. I've got this issue with FD though. It seems to work 60-80% of the time, which is for sure helpful, but whenever it doesn't work and I get hit by a mob, I seem to get stuck for an unusually long amount of time. This has caused two deaths over the past three hours. The chat window doesn't say that I've been stunned, but I'm stuck standing there having been freshly knocked out of FD.

Is there any way to increase my chance of FD working versus a mob? Is MR tied to this? Also how do I avoid this god awful stun that is longer than a stun that happens whenever I get attacked while FD'ed?
Old 03-25-2015, 03:42 AM
Sarnak

If a mob is mid swing/mid casting against you while you cast FD and their hit/spell lands on you once you've FD, the trick is revealed and they will continue bashing you to a pulp.

Once mobs are level 35+, they have a chance to remember you once you come out of FD unless they have gone back to their pathing route/spawn point.

That's about all there is to it.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Old 03-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Orc

If you get the message "fallen to the ground" you need to stand back up. If you see a mob start to cast a spell, wait for it to land on you before you cast FD (tricky with a bunch of casters on you). If you FD and a caster lands a spell on you, it breaks FD and you need to again stand back up. Tricky to learn at first.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grombar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you get the message "fallen to the ground" you need to stand back up.
Even after I've been attacked and forced to stand back up? Or is this just when I'm laying on the ground? If it's after I've been attacked, that would explain the issue of the unusually long "stun".
Old 03-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Orc

Yes, even after you get attacked you have to manually stand up. The "stun" is you still pretending to be FD while the mobs don't believe you.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

FD also can clear aggro with a progressively stronger chance each FD.

So lets say you're working on mobs 35+ who can re-engage when you stand up. Your first FD (NOTE: I AM MAKING UP NUMBERS) you have a 40% chance for them to forget you. You stand up, they reengage, and you FD again. This second FD has a 50% chance for them to forget you, etc. Each FD after the first increases the chance of the FD being successful in clearing aggro.

That was something that happened the patch before last I think.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Kobold

So I knew that you cast a dot on a mob then FD and stand back up before the dot wears off that the mob will agro you on the next tick. Last night I learned that mobs will agro you if they have a dot on you and you stand up before the dot wears off.

The more you know.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axoc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even after I've been attacked and forced to stand back up? Or is this just when I'm laying on the ground? If it's after I've been attacked, that would explain the issue of the unusually long "stun".
With regards to this, I have had it happen where I FD, get hit by a mob, and then I appear to have stood up but I didn't press the sit/stand button. This may or may not be a bug. Anyway yeah if you press sit/stand again then you will stand up and then can move again. I'm guessing this is what happened to you here.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:01 AM
Sarnak

don't try to FD in combat mode either.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

If you're like me and super lazy, you can use a weaker lich spell when FD and you'll still regen hp. Useful if oom and want to afk between spawns or some such.

When FD, you regain hp faster than standing but not as much as sitting.