Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 09-06-2024, 02:53 PM
Large Rat

Default Hafling Cleric Starting Stats

Making a hafling cleric and am curious about starting stats. First instinct is 25 Wis + 5 Sta, but I've heard the case for 25 Cha for lull line.

I would enjoy duoing with a enchanter but im not sure if its worth dumping 25 Cha for that.

Let me know thoughts!
Old 09-06-2024, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

I would say from a chanter's perspective (who is admittedly mostly a solo player) having the paci clicky is not that much more mana efficient in a duo. A lot of times I'm using calm which is only 50 mana, or even lull. And I like to paci because I can react immediately to a crit fail, send my pet in to grab aggro on a particular target and get mob(s) under control. However the main reason is I want the cleric to be able to camp out.

But I think a lot always depends on your gear. If you're at 200+ WIS maybe CHA is the play. Also nice if you end up duoing with a necro or something.
Old 09-06-2024, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossyG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making a hafling cleric and am curious about starting stats. First instinct is 25 Wis + 5 Sta, but I've heard the case for 25 Cha for lull line.

I would enjoy duoing with a enchanter but im not sure if its worth dumping 25 Cha for that.

Let me know thoughts!
25 CHA/5 STR imo. 5 Sta is useless & WIS will be easy to max at higher levels. Paci bracer is stupidly good. But consider human inny as an alternative to halfling, 25 more charisma and a snare neck & deadeye clicky vs having sneak/hide. DE also get snare neck & hide.
Old 09-06-2024, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
25 CHA/5 STR imo. 5 Sta is useless & WIS will be easy to max at higher levels. Paci bracer is stupidly good. But consider human inny as an alternative to halfling, 25 more charisma and a snare neck & deadeye clicky vs having sneak/hide. DE also get snare neck & hide.
But Halflings get sneak also (not to mention an XP bonus and permanent shrink). I've heard stories of sneak being clutch for recovering bodies (and then rezzing them), and it's hard to appreciate permanent shrink until you've raided a lot (but it's a definite QoL thing and occasionally, like when you camp and come back, it can actually be meaningful).

That being said, I don't think I've ever actually used sneak on any character except a Rogue (including my, non-raiding, Halfling Cleric) ... so YMMV.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 09-06-2024, 05:53 PM
Sarnak

Why did you choose halfling as a race and what do you want to do with your cleric?
Old 09-07-2024, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Leveled a Halfling Cleric to 60 and raid geared. Went 25 wis/5 str. Looking back at it, I would instead do 25 cha/ 5 str. Wis is stupid easy to increase even if you don't plan on raiding (though you won't be max). Personally, I think being at 100 cha is perfectly fine to lull/calm mobs with relative safety, all you want is prevent crit misses. You could just some cha gear for that purpose but I hate swapping a lot of gear. By putting points into cha, you only need a few slots with cha while having everything else skewed toward wis/mana.
But definitely get WR bags and carry around gems instead of plat to help limit your weight. Sneak/hide are great QOL abilities that have saved me in pinches numerous times so don't undersell them. And hey, any xp bonus no matter how small is never a bad thing.
Old 09-07-2024, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why did you choose halfling as a race and what do you want to do with your cleric?
Have you been to Rivervail? The weather is fantastic, the hops are fresh, the gold is polished, and the farmers are oh so friendly!
Old 09-07-2024, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say from a chanter's perspective (who is admittedly mostly a solo player) having the paci clicky is not that much more mana efficient in a duo. A lot of times I'm using calm which is only 50 mana, or even lull. And I like to paci because I can react immediately to a crit fail, send my pet in to grab aggro on a particular target and get mob(s) under control. However the main reason is I want the cleric to be able to camp out.

But I think a lot always depends on your gear. If you're at 200+ WIS maybe CHA is the play. Also nice if you end up duoing with a necro or something.
The cleric survivability is much higher. It has nothing to do with mana efficiency. But clerics do get mana free pacify.

You don’t camp the cleric. You allow the enchanter to free cast. Cleric can survive 3x longer than you.

80% of your use is calm though as you know.
Old 09-08-2024, 08:47 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah the cleric can da on a crit, allow the enchanter lots of time to handle it. It works really well
Erudite clerics even get a freebie soothe clicky,much lower level click than paci bracer.
Old 09-08-2024, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

That makes sense, though I only ever die from charm breaks not from crit fails. Maybe pulling in zones where there are multiple mobs that can't be CC'd normally.