Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Default Cleric leveling 23+

Any suggestions for some faster options to level at 23? Been doing Mistmoore/Unrest groups, but it's been super slow. Takes me 4-5 hours minimum for a level. Trying to catch up to guildies who are all in their 40s/50 and they're flying through levels. They were like 30 a week ago. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Most of my gear is pretty crappy, so I'm not sure soloing places like Unrest is much of an option.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Once you get 24 you can easily solo FP area of unrest even with crappy gear. At 24 you get a new undead nuke, which greatly helps soloing. Stick to the mobs you can do single. Don't try to be bold and break rooms with many mobs. There's 3 roaming mobs on 2nd floor you can get single (1 going up and down stairs in main room, 1 that goes up to the lower tower room, and 1 that goes to the fireplace). There is also a single mob in the left hallway room, there are 2 at fireplace that you can either lull split or just IVU past. There's another single mob in the room near Khrix --- NOTE - not the mob in his line of sight, ignore that mob completely. Then the entire magi room can be killed single if you hug walls as you approach mobs and you fight them where they stand. It's a total of 12 mobs I think you can cycle your way through.

What you're doing wrong is likely trying to level with a full group. Soloing for a cleric is usually pretty good exp and solid duos (cler/Ench or cler/twinked melee) are excellent EXP. But if your sole goal is to level quickly, don't join 6-man groups.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Kobold

Yeah I figure duos are the best, just haven't really had the opportunity for those. That's how 2 of my guildies flew through levels, cleric/mage duo.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:35 PM
Orc

I did level 19-24 at the dry bone skeletons at the fear portal in feerott - easy peasy solo and very fast xp.
24-30 then flew past next door at the giant skeletons in rathe mountains. Zone in from the feerott, take a left right away and kill the giant skeleton at the golden colour tower. Its a single pull 90% of the time and you can kill him with almost no gear.
Old 06-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Kobold

How long did 24-30 take you?
Old 06-18-2014, 05:00 PM
Orc

Not long, getting 2-3% of a level per kill
Old 06-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Full groups are just a cruel trick on blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-18-2014 at 11:07 PM..
Old 06-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Full groups are just a cruel trick on blue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah i'm surprised. I thought they had a bonus, but they're soooo slow.
Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 PM
Kobold

Hmm, Giant Skellies not working out so great - root breaking a lot, running out of mana. ugh
Old 06-19-2014, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

There is a grouping xp bonus, but it is so small that it doesn't come close to making up for the downfalls of a large group.

Daldaen's advice about unrest is solid. I leveled a cleric on p99 years ago and solod unrest from 24 all the way to 40, and it was very nice XP thanks to the big ZEM. You just need to tough it out to 24 and your new nuke and fewer resists will make a big difference.

If giant skeles are really not going to work at all, you can try random undead mobs in LOIO I think? I've never leveled there but it might be the right level.
Closed Thread