Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 PM
Aviak

Default How to do "Brainbite (Evil)" quest?

I'm trying to complete the Brain Bite quest for the Conussion spell listed here:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Brain_Bite_%28Evil%29

I'm having a problem with the hand-in to the human skeleton in City of Mist. I've tried it 3 times:

- The first time he agro'd me and then I handed in, got nothing back. Apparently this shouldn't work, so my bad.
- On the wiki it says to do the hand in from around the corner and that should work, so I tried that. I put on invis-undead, then handed in from around the corner. The full hand in happened, then he agro'd me after. Got nothing back.
- Someone else in the zone told me that the corner hand-in doesn't work on p99, I need to charm the mob. So I brought my Necro friend to charm the skeleton, and did the hand-in while he was charmed. Still nothing.

I've made sure I hand in the correct bottle each time (Mardon). Is this quest bugged? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing I can see you haven't tried is charming it yourself, via puppet strings. That would suck if you had to do it that way though. Someone else charming it makes it indiff. You charming it makes it amiable.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:46 PM
Aviak

Oof, I can't see it being correct that a quest for a lvl 39 spell requires puppet strings (even if the quest is already way too hard for a lvl 39 to complete).
Old 01-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Large Rat

All I can add is that on Al'Kabor (the EQMac server), I was down the hallway around the corner against the wall just far enough away from him not to aggro and I could still do the trade. If I was too close he would aggro. So I slowly moved closer towards him while clicking on him with the bottle until the trade window appeared (non-invis/invis-undead). You have to change the camera view to do this.

My apologies if this doesn't work on P99. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-05-2014, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Been years since I did this here, but pretty sure corner or charm should work. Did you get some text?
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 01-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Aviak

No text, just handed in item and got nothing back.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Sarnak

I did the quest with puppet strings personally, but I've heard of people doing the corner turn-in for sure..
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Kobold

The corner trick does work. It also works for the skeleton in KC. The problem, as I read it, is you were IVU before the hand in. Any invis will null the hand in. Try it without any invis, I made the same mistake on the KC one before, and had to re do it. As far as I know of, charm also works, though I believe I've had a chanter charm em before, not sure on the nuances of charm between the two classes though in a case like that.
Last edited by Silverain; 01-05-2014 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: Cause I wanted to.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:08 PM
Aviak

Thanks, I guess I'll try it a fourth time and make sure I'm not invis'd when handing in.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

couldn't you lull the target and do hand in from outside of the decreased agro range?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread