Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 07-27-2023, 02:08 PM
Large Rat

Default lvl 17 Barb Shaman

Hey guys - I'm looking for some advice on 2 things.. Playing on Green

1- Where to go kill for exp.. Level 17 here playing on Green, mostly solo'ing for right now. Currently in West Karana killing bandits to raise a little plat

2- Contemplating making a trip to EC to upgrade some items. Any recommendations on decent, not too expensive weapons or gear I should look for? I'll have around 800p to spend. Just have some basic gear right now.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2023, 02:32 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Oasis should be decent killing the crocs and what not.
Old 07-27-2023, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelkicks6 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oasis should be decent killing the crocs and what not.
Aye, and can pop over to EC easily to see if theres any cheap stuff to scoop up.
Old 07-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

For 800 plat I would buy a Poison Wind Censer. That is the best ratio weapon you can buy for cheap on a Shaman. You can melee + Slow Tank until the low 40s with that weapon.

Next item would be a worn haste item, like Silver Chitin Hand Wraps. Since you can Haste yourself at 29, a good weapon is a Shaman's first priority.

I wouldn't bother filling up your armor slots with cheap EC gear. You are only going to get minimal returns right now. Save that money for spells.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-27-2023 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-27-2023, 07:05 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, and can pop over to EC easily to see if theres any cheap stuff to scoop up.
Good idea.. thanks!
Old 07-27-2023, 07:06 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For 800 plat I would buy a Poison Wind Censer. That is the best ratio weapon you can buy for cheap on a Shaman. You can melee + Slow Tank until the low 40s with that weapon.

Next item would be a worn haste item, like Silver Chitin Hand Wraps. Since you can Haste yourself at 29, a good weapon is a Shaman's first priority.

I wouldn't bother filling up your armor slots with cheap EC gear. You are only going to get minimal returns right now. Save that money for spells.
Thanks for the advice.. ill check it out
Old 07-27-2023, 10:53 PM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=calderone26;3629194]1- Where to go kill for exp.. Level 17 here playing on Green, mostly solo'ing for right now. Currently in West Karana killing bandits to raise a little plat,/QUOTE]

Check out https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_15-19 for tons of ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calderone26 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2- Contemplating making a trip to EC to upgrade some items. Any recommendations on decent, not too expensive weapons or gear I should look for? I'll have around 800p to spend. Just have some basic gear right now.
Other than the already mentioned PWC, you really should just save your plat for spells (and maybe someday a JBB). A few more AC/HP/mana from other items truly won't matter, but not having your latest DoT (or other spell) when you level up really will.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-28-2023, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

if you'd like to maintain a bit of cash flow at that level i think lavastorm is worth considering over oasis. anecdotally it *feels* like the zem is a lil lower but mobs are plentiful and actually drop stuff that sells for some fair scratch