Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-17-2024, 08:06 AM
Large Rat

Default Returning to EQ after a 17 year hiatus

So it's been a while since I've really even though about Everquest. I was in on the original release and played through a bunch of the expansions back in the day. Then I stumbled on this site late last week when I was bored and poking around the internet.

Now I've got a 4th level Halfling Druid on the Green server and I'm happily smashing giant rats, large bats and the occasional skeleton!

The folks on the the server so far have been super nice too. I couldn't remember how to do a lot of stuff - the forums, sites and some Reddit posts helped a lot there. Also got a bunch of questions answered from people playing too! And, someone gave me some food and water, while another helped me get started with some PP! I'm now styling in leather armor and own several backpacks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't know how often I'll be able to play, so I picked my favorite class that's also relatively easy to solo with. Even back in the day my time was a bit limited and I never made it much past 30th level. We'll see what happens now but it's a real joy to be back in the game!
Old 05-17-2024, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back!
Old 05-17-2024, 08:14 PM
Large Rat

It's all starting to come back to me! The new spells at level 5, sitting to regain mana, all of it! Thankfully, I have two monitors and the web to keep me entertained.
Old 05-20-2024, 01:14 PM
Large Rat

Default 1st Corpse run!

Not something I'd normally get jazzed up about in game, but I had to do my first corpse run today! Not a far one, just from one end of Misty Thicket to where a couple of zombies laid me out over the hill just past the guards. Ahh well, I took on more than I could chew with my 9th level Druid Stimson.

It's so fun to think of all this stuff again. I hadn't even thought of a corpse run, or looking for a Bind or any of that in YEARS!
Old 05-21-2024, 04:40 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah dude it's really nice progressing through the game and seeing all the old vendors and doing little quests that in times past you may have thought would change your life. Mysterious outcomes.

It's a beautiful world to explore, fill in the blanks with your imagination and hopefully meet some other adventurers. The staff and community has done an amazing job recreating the real EverQuest.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-23-2024, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Oh you sweet summer child.