Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2024, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default Big game play changes and updates at *Sedition*

I have got scripts to work and become a pro naturally.

When you log on Sedition you start with.

-Level 50.

-Quest armor appropriate to your class.Darkforge/Ro/Ivy/Ravenscale/Totemic/Crafted.

-Starting Weapon Dark Reaver/Soulfire(Chargeless)/Serrated bone Dirk glowing pike/Trueshot bow/Exe Axe.

-Haven't done casters yet will figure out what robe if any etc.

-All skills maxed upon logging in.

-Full scribed spell book upon logging in.

-WORKING Yellow Text

This is not a virtual crack house where I want people to come and rot in an endless time sink. This box is for goofing around, logging on a toon and PVPing in classic EQ with little time investment to get started. We have all levelled every class, scribed every spell, farmed every item, and maxed our toons in classic/kunark minimum I have no interest in recreating that progression.

There is still gear progression to Planar/god loot. will it change gameplay THAT much, not really.
Old 05-12-2024, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Gooooooood
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

No reagants for pets/hate ports/symbols.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Added some stuff for casters mages start with a Robe of the Elements and a Shovel of Ponz.

Necro Harvester/Robe of Enshroudment.

Going to stop there for today leaving it up come try it out pls I need human testers fresh ROF is the best I think? Smoothest maps work all the spells are accurate.

Titanium works too though.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

May 13.

There's some non classic spells in the instant 50 spells book. A lot of them that aren't classic are taken out automatically like SK disease spears. But others are still in like a shaman torpor, a cleric celestial, and I'm sure many others.

I am just going to chill and do content today and play but I am aware of it. If anyone wants to do content with me log on today ill be on.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

May 14.

List of things I changed.

- Added 3 clients so people can use a porter + the two chars they'll play. Or 3 box IDC.
- Removed Charm break, it now lasts the 15 mins or w/e duration if it lands.

Things I need to do.

- Spellbooks include non classic spells, don't feel like doing all the DB work today.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

So I was in Discord and Secrets made this comment about blah blah blah blah, then he made one comment that kinda stung me. Mechanics that weren't working right I forget how he worded it about MR spells being disabled.

I've been stewing on it kinda, and went to peruse the Database. I went through PVPresistcalc/PVPresistbase/PVPresistcap and set them each to 1000 hotfixing and testing they do absolutely nothing.

There are 3 settings so Min resist, Max Resist, and ResistDiff.

My post is already long winded so I don't want to link the formula for spells... well fuck it.

Pull the spell's resist modifier from the spell (or the spell list override, if one exists).
Adjust the resist modifier for applicable focus effects.
Check for fear immunity. If roll is made, resist spell.
Check for resistance to the spell effect. If roll is made, resist spell.
Check for Sanctification. If roll is made and spell is not no_resist, resist spell.
Calculate target's resistance chance applicable to this spell.
If spell's resist type is no_save, spell lands.
Otherwise, magic checks against magic, fire against fire, chromatic checks lowest, prismatic checks average, etc. The capped resistance score is used.
Set resist chance to 15 if the spell effect is a lull.
Adjust resist chance for level difference between caster and target.
Set temp level difference to (target level - caster level).
If target is at least level 67 and target is an NPC, temp level difference is set to (66 - caster level) or 0, whichever is greater.
If target is a PC, and caster level is at least 21, and temp level difference is greater than 15, set temp level difference to 15.
If target is an NPC, and temp level difference is less than -9, set temp level difference to -9.
Set level modifier to (temp level difference * temp level difference / 2)
If temp level difference is negative, make level modifier negative.
If target is an NPC and caster is far below target's level, set level modifier to 1000.
Add level modifier to resist chance.
Adjust resist chance for spell's resist modifier.
If effect is damage and target is a non-mercenary NPC...
If target is at least level 67, level difference is set to (66 - caster level) or 0, whichever is greater.
If target is at least level 17 and level difference is greater than 0, add (2 * level difference) to resist chance.
If resist chance is greater than spell's max resist and the max resist is not 0, set the resist chance to max resist.
If resist chance is less than spell's min resist and the min resist is not 0, set the resist chance to min resist.
Roll a random number between 0 and 200.
If the roll is greater than the resist chance, spell lands.
If the roll is not greater than the resist chance and the spell does not allow partial resists, resist spell.
If spell effect does not apply damage, spell lands.
Otherwise, spell effect applies damage. Calculate partial resist.
If the resist chance is less than 1, set the resist chance to 1.
Partial resist modifier is set to ((150 * (resist chance - roll)) / resist chance).
If target is a non-mercenary NPC...
If target is higher level than caster, and target is at least level 17, and caster is level 50 or below, add 5 to partial resist modifier.
If target is at least level 30 and caster is level 50 or below, add (casterlevel - 25) to partial resist modifier.
If target's level is less than 15, subtract 5 from partial resist modifier.
If caster is an NPC...
If target is at least 20 levels higher than caster, add (level difference * 1.5) to partial resist modifier.
If partial resist modifier is less than 0, set partial resist modifier to 0.
If partial resist modifier is greater than 100, set partial resist modifier to 100.
Spell lands. Partial resist modifier is used to calculate resulting damage.

So I was kinda trying to work it out in my head. The roll is 200 for a spell. A bunch of things effect the rules etc. I don't have to worry about level differences and what not.

Currently I have all MR spells just disabled through Minresist 1000. Everything disabled PVE/PVP.

Then it dawned on me, set all NPC's -1000 MR in the NPC Table... I can't think of if this will fuck me over yet... Naggy and shit will be slowable but I can adjust raid mobs individually. I don't mind it atm since it'll be like 3 peopel boxing if it ever happens.

So now I can set the Minresist to I'm thinking 150(but i can lower it to make MR gear more impactful) but it's not final I need to think. So if you have like 100 mr with the basics, and the min 150 it's a perma resist roll for Magic CC spells.

I'll have to go through and manually change all the ones I put to 1000 resist to 150.

Even though NPC's have a 150/200 resist chance for these spells, with the -1000 MR it makes them land. So CC/Slows/Mezs/snares etc will land in PVE almost always. And apply in PVP really how much I see fit, I can test it and make around 100mr be immune to CC/blind/snare would be basically classic.

So this is as big as YT my MR CC spells function properly in PVP and PVE now once I update this. Suck a cock Secrets.
Old 05-14-2024, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno Minresist didn't work well. When I do ResistDif 50 slow lands 100% in PVE and 0% PVP.

No idea how ResistDif actually works, umm this is on a 150 MR test which is high.. so I have lots more messing around to do, and then I'll fix the next one individually. Roots etc I don't know if they'll function exactly the same.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:06 AM
Senior Server Guide

Greetings!
Congratulations on your server! This thread has been closed. Please move all game chat/updates to the discord server mentioned in your post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=431046.