Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 07-13-2024, 12:11 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Shaman epic - High Scale Kirn questions

Hi guys, I'm a 60 torp shaman who has been slowly doing my epic with my 60 monk duo partner. While I expect I'll need to buy a tear and potentially the final fight, we enjoy doing quests and would like to do as much as possible duo, even if I end up buying the mq. We duod most of his epic and found it fun and interesting (eg trunt fight), and then received help from the awesome community for the final fights.

I'm now up to High Scale Kirn and have a couple of questions. We've explored the hole a fair bit but haven't yet made it through to Kirn (3 on the map). A combination of invis, ivu, fighting and fd training got us to 8 on the map before we ran out of steam, as it was slow going and hard work. Before we attempt this again I'd like to know feasibility of the actual fight...

My questions are:

1. The wiki says Kirn has a 400dmg max hit. Does anyone have a log of a Kirn fight? While we have duod lots of stuff and have a good rhythm (eg Black Reavers, +6 dragons without using water, etc), the 400dmg max hit on Kirn's wiki page makes me nervous - is this real? Is he very MR?

2. Do we need to go through the entrance and take the same approach, or is it possible to do a drop into Yale pit? Guaranteed death? DA idol? Opinions welcome :-)

Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 07-13-2024, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

I have the epic but had to look this up. I expect most people here just faction up with the Rez/gate trick raising True Spirit with the tiny gem and then head straight to the end.

I don’t think it would very hard for you and your monk friend. Since 53 landing a slow is very likely. Maybe bring a couple Leatherfoot Caps just incase if you don’t want to add a third person but also keep that safety net.
Old 07-13-2024, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

If you're on blue I'll tank it.
Old 07-13-2024, 09:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks guys. We might give it another crack, and Naethyn thank you for the offer, we'll be in touch if we need a hand :-)